Hello from New Milford , CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New Milford , CT

Thanks for letting me join such a great site. I did collect arrowhead as a youngster, but the real reason I joined was to get educated. My boss just acquired 1000's of arrowheads and tools which he is selling at auction for a client who spent his life buying collections from other collectors. I hope to learn a lot here. Let the research begin....I'm adding a few pics of what he has listed in his first auction.
    Last edited by tecetc; 08-27-2017, 03:17 PM.

Welcome to AH.com from SE VA. Just curious-- did you sign up for your own education or for your boss's? ☺️
    Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome to ah.com
      education to learn is great
      education to sell is another try a authenticator you may have better results
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

actually i signed up for my own research - we have an authenticator - but the volume is to much . so i will be learning and researching to.

Comment

Welcome to ah.com as we

Comment

We are not authenticators we can't and won't put a price we will tell what you have as long as there is a dionostic end but this site as a forum is educational only

Comment

Welcome
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to our forum.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Can't wait to see the pics!!
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Oh maeon don't delete the pics!! When people buy collections and EACH artifact is not authenticated then the whole collection is suspect, imhop. In these collections there are usually many honest field grade points, a few super nice, odd, or old as dirt and a few fakes thrown in, usually unknown to the collector-buyer.
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

Send me a private message please. I used to hunt along the Housatonic river from Milford to New Milford and Kent area. I want to know more about the auction and the dates? Is it online auction or is it going to be at an auction house?
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

When my family emigrated to America from Ireland in 1852, they settled first in New Milford, Ct. My grandfather was born in Winsdorlocks....
                          Rhode Island

Comment

• tecetc
                            tecetc commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Small World - My Mom is from Ireland Too. As for me Born and Raised here in New Milford.

There are a couple of large sites in New Milford on state lands and off limits to hunting artifacts now. If you seek out farms under cultivation in the area within proximity of the Housy and Still rivers then make sure to acquire land owner permission you could do well. There is a better variety of lthics found up that way because of its proximity to the ten mile river gap between Kent/ Sherman CT and from Webatuck in Dutchess CO. NY it was a trade route for New York Native Americans to Trade and also raid ( Mowhawks) the Connecticut people .
                          Last edited by Hoss; 08-28-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the site
                            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                            X