Hello from Middle TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Middle TN

Hello, I've been interested in points and artifacts since I was a little kid. I grew up in NW Alabama and have found pottery shards and stuff from there and from where my uncle lived in East TN. My uncle Herb really got me interested in this kind of stuff and I used to love going out into fields with him. He passed away in 2005 while looking for points.

I now have 3 sons, well 2 and the 3rd due in May. My oldest is 5 and he's becoming interested in history as well. He loves it when I make up French and Indian War stories for him. I'd like to get him out and keep that curiosity alive. We now live in Middle TN and I'm slowly finding places to go where I know the land owners, but I'd also like to get him (and myself) into flint knapping.

Wesley

Wesley - Welcome Aboard. You couldn't have joined a better group to help you get the info you need to get started Knapping. I'm not a Knapper but there's plenty on here who are and would be more than glad to help a member. Stay tuned and watch.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hi Wesley and welcome to the forum. There are some other Tennesseans on the board and some from middle Tennessee that post regularly. It's nice that your young son is taking an interest in things that interest you. I did most of my collecting in north Alabama and some in middle Tenn.

Comment

Welcome to AH.com from SE VA!
        Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!

Ha! Sounds a bit like my bunch a 5 year old a 1.5 year old and one on the way. Glad to have you on board, you'll find this a welcoming place with lots of info and encouragement. We always welcome new Knappers into our merry knapping Clan!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
            Welcome from east Tn!

Ha! Sounds a bit like my bunch a 5 year old a 1.5 year old and one on the way. Glad to have you on board, you'll find this a welcoming place with lots of info and encouragement. We always welcome new Knappers into our merry knapping Clan!
            I see you're in Oak Ridge. The uncle who got me started point hunting worked at ORFD.

Thank you everyone for the kind welcomes.

Comment

Welcome to the site Wesley!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the site. I too live in Middle Tennessee. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old.

Comment

East TN here but I am a transplant to the area from CT. Welcome to arrowheads.com
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from NW Arkansas
                    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                    NW Arkansas

Comment

Welcome to Ah.com
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome from southwestern Ontario.

Comment

Wesley,

Welcome to the forum, I am also from Middle TN! There is a lot of information on here and great members that share their knowledge. Good luck hunting.

Comment

Welcome Wesley! Glad to have you!
                            South Dakota

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'm very glad to be here. I went out with my son this weekend scoping sites. He loved just getting out of the house for 1 on 1 time.

Comment

Working...
                              X