Hello from Southeast Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Southeast Missouri

Hi y'all, what can I say I'm a newbie just barely dipping my toes in the water when it comes to hunting Indian artifacts. To be quite honest the items that I stumbled upon in a creek bed about 3 miles west of Trail of Tears State Park in Cape Girardeau County, MO... were totally by accident! I'm a rock hound and I enjoy creating terrariums so I set out in this Creek bed to find what I call scene setters for my terrariums. Things that I can make look like a cliff or a river bed or anything odd. And again I'm going to sound like an idiot but all of these "rocks" I picked up I did so because I thought they looked cool. It was my 9 year old daughter who pointed out to me that all of these rocks look like somebody made them that way! And in my online search to see if there was some truth behind what my daughter had said, I stumbled upon this forum to which I am grateful and I hope you guys aren't too hard on me lol. I am pretty sure that I have some Indian artifacts here and I'm wanting to know if you could maybe confirm that. I will be posting pics in the "what did I find" forum. Thank you so much for your time I know you all are very busy!

Welcome to ah.com can't wait to see your pics
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Mel B. We're glad to have ya with us. Looking forward to seeing what you have.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome and post away someone will answer your questions
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut...going from collecting rocks to artifacts is cool ...good for you
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

welcome from ctrl MN

cant wait to see what youve got

Comment

Another welcome Mel. Years back my cousins and I used to deer hunt in South Ripple Hollow and duck hunt in Oakwood Bottoms in Illinois. We would stay in Cape Girardeau in a little motel right by the river. Dont know if your familiar with that area or not but your mention of "The Cape" brought back some great memories...again welcome to the site...post up those pics...great folks here...
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hey everybody, I know it's late....I had every intention on posting some pictures today but, then life happened LOL and plans for the day changed rather quickly. Needless to say I am just now getting home at this late hour and felt terrible for not posting pictures and or saying thank you for your nice replies. And yes BabaORiley I'm very familiar with Cape Girardeau and I do believe I know which motel you're talking about and that area of town became a ghost town when they erected the Bill Emerson Bridge bypassing Morgan Oak Street, only a very small section of the old bridge stands to this day. I was actually born and raised in Chaffee Missouri which is about 15 minutes south of Cape Girardeau. But, again thank you all for your nice replies and I will take some pictures tomorrow as I'm ready for some sleep LOL.

Comment

Welcome from Southern Illinois!

Comment

So, anyone have a guess as to why I can't upload photos?? I've tried quite a few times??

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B View Post
                        So, anyone have a guess as to why I can't upload photos?? I've tried quite a few times??
                        It may be that your picture file size is to large.
                        Try using this site to resize your pictures. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
                        Click the custom 1000 and best before you browse. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture 3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	313294
                        Once you have the pictures saved back to your computer you can upload them .
                        Don't forget to chose FULLSIZE when you insert them into your post. Click image for larger version  Name:	4.PNG Views:	1 Size:	10.4 KB ID:	313293
                        Bruce
                        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• JoshinMO
                          JoshinMO commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I like using The upload attachment's method Bruce. Welcome to The Site Mel!

Welcome from S.Carolina.

Comment

Holy cow, another SE Missouri person, YAY!!! Welcome to the forum Mel! Chaffee huh?... Guess what..me too! Born in the town of chaffee, literally.
                          I've got a gut feeling so, I'm going to play a guessing game.. Hope I'm right bc if not this will just be weird. In my 35 years of living in this area I've only known 1 Mel from Chaffee. Lets see, if I'm correct, you actually grew up in Rockview and your maiden name started with a W, you had a grandma named Fern and she was my grandpas sister.. This is your cousin Andrew btw..that is, if you're the person I'm thinking you are.
                          Last edited by Broken Arrow; 08-16-2018, 01:50 AM.
                          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Holy Crap.....um .....yes.....!!!! Wow!!!! Andrew.....what can I say....its in our blood!!! Now about uploading those photos I've tried every way possible I'm assuming I cannot upload from my cellular phone?
                            Last edited by Mel B; 08-18-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X