Old member, new again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old member, new again!

I belonged to the original "old board" (the aaca.com) from when Shane ran the place all by himself from his Tennessee home-office. It's good to be back after so long an absence (15 years).
    My last name is pronounced Mack-an-alley, I live in Boise, Idaho and have been an arrowhead hunter/collector/buyer for about 30 years now.
    I am an avid supporter of the concept and ideals which originated the AACA, and fully endorse the rules governing the sales and trading of ONLY authentic specimens unless full disclosure is unquestionably offered before any transaction that includes modern reproductions...
    I have purchased my share of artiFAKES upon my introduction into the world of purchasing artifacts for investment, and as a way to rapidly enhance my overall collection.
    I departed the collecting scene rather abruptly about 15 years ago, but I think I am back for good and look forward to squaring up a couple debts that I had inadvertently left hanging when I departed.
    In that endeavor, please help me to contact the following individuals;
    1.) Matt "swamp-thang" Rowe of Oklahoma.
    2.) Sam Williams "Texas authenticator".
    3.) Jack(?) Bates of Texas (buyer/seller).
    Whether you buy, sell, trade or are a purist headhunter - or any combination thereof... good luck and God bless.
    Travis McAnally

Welcome back! I am not familiar with the names given, but I am sure that the others do.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Oh, I am Ethan from Carter County Kentucky by the way.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome back All three of those guys are on facebook. Matt and Jack stop back here now and then but I have not seen Sam log in here since we bought it from him. Share some of your finmds with us we are like one big happy family here.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcone from Connecticut this forum is awesome ...look forward to seeing some of your stone... Red
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome....back? Glad to have you here (first time for me) again for all those who know you from back in the day...
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Travis I sent you a Private message with contact info for Sam
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                Travis McAnally commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Hoss. I am in touch with Sam already. Will have everything in order soon. Your info was invaluable.

Welcome. The oldest board I remember was Arrowpack, though I certainly remember the AACA as well. I think it's been quite a few years since Jack posted here. I miss him, he had the ability to say a great deal with the fewest words of just about anyone I knew. Funny guy, too.
              Rhode Island

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                Editing a comment
                Arrowpack was awesome!!! Grier Brunson, Matt Rowe, Kenney (Schmidt on my shoe) Schmidt and myself used to just have a ball in that chatroom. Awwww, the good ol days...

Welcome Back Travis. Glad to see you're back with us and bring so much history and experience with you.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome!
                Here is the page Matt started on FB. https://www.facebook.com/groups/arro...?ref=bookmarks
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Travis
                  Much like you I’ve dropped off the scene for a few years but have hunting the whole while, Matt was working on the Overstreet book to help get it right ! I have his phone number. Cliff is still going good I believe but have not heard from him in awhile. He had a string of bad luck when I dropped off scene. Jack was just coming on scene as I fell off.... JJ
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi, JJ!
                    I love(LOVE) your member image!!! Left to right... Folsom, Folsom, Midland, Victoria and the last one I would guess is the "other" Plainview... a Goshen???
                    How many did I get right?

• Lindenmeier-Man
                    Lindenmeier-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Clovis,Folsom,Midland,Plainview,Milnesand..

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    My bad... #4 is Plainview, Victoria is wayyyyy off.

Also Travis
                  A lot of the old gang have gone to be with the Lord.. I will miss them and all our laughter and fusses.. I have no idea about Sam, not heard from the site founder in many moons... I miss “ Rock Talk” where we all became acquainted ,then moved to Mplayer ....
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    God bless the friends and families of all those who have passed in my absence... May they for ever be blessed with endless conversation with those whose workmanship they so admired while they walked the Earth. R.I.P.
                    Travis

Really looking forward to your knowledge ....

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    Not so much "knowledge"... I just get lucky in my guesses- and I guess a lot.
                    (Kind like darts... throw enough of em and you gotta hit something.)

Travis! How the heck ya been, mang? Man, it's been a long time!

Wow, JJ is here too! (I saw the ball games....bite me).

Everyone has moved to Facebook, but only until the next big social media craze happens.

Matt

Comment

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    OK,confession time.
                    Don't ask me why, but Facebook " disabled" my page and now I can't enter your arrowhead gang-homeland. I tried!
                    I have only been back in the real world now for just two short months; I have NOT violated any of anyone's rules on ANY forum, ever!
                    My family has held the two items that I owe you. A very pretty granite discoidal of just over an inch-and-a-quarter, and an Illinois "Hayes" that I think is an Alba.
                    It may be some time before I am reunited with what's left of my collection, but as soon as I am, it's headed your way.
                    Someone broke into my storage locker while I was away, before my family was able to recover my possessions after my departure... All of my framed arrowheads, my monster wildlife mounts and much Heavy-oak furniture gone. Every single one of my personal finds... GONE... all gone.
                    Still have many that were boxed up, maybe 5% of collection, total. Send me your contact info...
                    Travis

• Travis McAnally
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey,Matchew...
                    Did Oklahoma get gored by Texas...AGAIN??? Har, har, har!

• Lindenmeier-Man
                    Lindenmeier-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I text Matt when Texas Tech beat up the cowboys.. He did not even reply! It’s hard on Matt when a college team beats up on the Okie pro Cowboys & Sooners !!!

Originally posted by Neanderthal View Post
                  Everyone has moved to Facebook
                  Matt
                  Facebook? not me, lol

Comment

Working...
                  X