Hello from Eugene, Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Eugene, Oregon

I have found maybe 50 points in the last 8 months or so. I leave everything I find, take only photos. I do all my hunting on public land. I'm excited to learn from others in the community and see some of the great things people come across!

I'm especially interested in getting connected with other members that leave the artifacts they find so we can share ideas for how to best capture the artifacts in the field via photographs or other means. Currently, I use a tiny digital scale with a cm grid that I can use to measure, I have drawn profiles with pencil and paper, and recently I've started making clay impressions, which I take home, bake hard, and use as a stamp to recreate the original in three dimensions (with improving levels of success). I could share photos, but being new to the community I don't know if this is the appropriate place for that or not. I think I'm just supposed to introduce myself.
    Lane Co., Oregon

welcome to the forum. That certainly is an ethical approach you have there.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Just curious if you would keep an artifact if you were in a place where it was legal to do so? I appreciate what you are doing but I would have a tough time leaving a nice arrowhead behind. Most of my hunting is done in places where I don’t have that problem. Many of my finds I feel are being rescued from their eventual destruction. Welcome by the way. I look forward to seeing your posts.
      New York

Comment

Welcome from Florida..Your handle sounds familiar..I’m interested in the clay mold method you are describing please post photos and explain process.
        Last edited by Hal Gorges; 01-14-2022, 08:27 PM.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota… I really can’t comment on artifacts I have not seen… state and federal lands are off limits… your better off searching private land..

post some of your finds in the “Native American artifacts and other lithics” section.. than we can determine if they are actually authentic artifacts.!
          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Welcome to the site and an interesting approach to finding artifacts. Doing so responsibly.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome we love photos and artifacts, If I remember correctly, it's illegal to keep/pickup artifacts on public lands? in Oregon. And we love maps also lol.

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com

In response to your question (and the query you sent me by private message) we have a forum section titled “Show and Tell – Your Site Finds and In-Situs”, which would be a good place to post some pictures of what you’ve been finding.

Look forward to seeing them.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

welcome always good to see someone on this side of the rocky's.
                  Utah

Comment

Welcome
                    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X