New Member from Southern Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member from Southern Indiana

Happy to have found this site to connect with other collector's and help increase my knowledge.
    On and off through the years I have walked the fields, most times not finding much, if anything. But I enjoyed just being out walking the fields for hours.
    Recently I have discovered a spot my grandfather often went to (he passed away this year) and remembering going with him at a young age I tracked down the site. I have been walking out with pocket fulls of flint pieces, and some whole pieces, every time I go.
    You will see a lot of post from me asking about some pieces, as I am not sure as to their exact purpose, and some I question their relevance at all. I would hate not knowing if something is or isn't something, as well as knowing I have something but not knowing precisely what it was used for.

Welcome to the site
    Merry Christmas
    Hoss
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

And Merry Christmas to you Hoss!

Comment

J.M.
        Welcome from Oregon!  I look forward to seeing some of you artifacts!  I hope you have awonderful Christmas!
        D
        In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

welcome from fl

Comment

Welcome J.M. Good to see another Hoosier on here!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I lived in Evansville as a kid.  I remember finding pertried wood along with artifacts around Gentryville.  I went to grade school with the family who Gentryville was named after.

Comment

Welcome to Ah.com, glad to have you on board.
                  Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hey that is good info to have, thank you!

Comment

hohokam wrote:

I lived in Evansville as a kid.  I remember finding pertried wood along with artifacts around Gentryville.  I went to grade school with the family who Gentryville was named after.
                      I grew up in Boonville, finding crinoids and pertried wood also. Sandy
                      Welcome to arrowheads J.M!

Comment

New to the site too...Havent figured out how to post a topic,I click on new topic and fill it out but it says the post has been locked when I try to post?...Thanks

Comment

OneNotch wrote:

New to the site too...Havent figured out how to post a topic,I click on new topic and fill it out but it says the post has been locked when I try to post?...Thanks
                            Welcome to the site! You may have to select the category to make sure It's in the right forum. It'll have you trying to post in the administration forum by default

Comment

Working...
                          X