NW Indiana good ol boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW Indiana good ol boy

Hello my name is Jeremy or JR. I live in lowell Indiana. There is lots of fields around here that are on the edge of a prehistoric marsh. One of my friends owns a lot of land along the very edge of the now drained swamp. I have been finding lots of interesting things there for about twenty years. It's awesome to find this forum,and get connected to other collectors.

Jeremy, Welcome aboard! Glad to have another member from Indiana.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Seen some nice posts already but welcome from Central Illinois anyway!
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome JR from Kansas, looks like your in a good spot from some of the pieces you posted.

Comment

This area is great to find artifacts. The swamp that was nearby was vaaaaast. It was drained by the army corps of engineers in the early 1900's. An old friend of mine was there last time they dredged the newly formed river route and found some amazing stuff. He found a dugout canoe ,and a busted mastodon tusk. He gave me the tusk years ago, luckily it is the tip piece. He turned me onto lots of good spots that used to be islands when the 150 million acre swamp was still there. How's the hunting in everyone else's neck of the woods,Kansas,Illinois ?

Comment

We have had some good days here in Kansas but our rivers need some water running down them to move some material around.

Comment

You must be hitting the rivers and creeks in Kansas ,not possible here just mud, mud, and more mud no rocks or gravel.

Comment

Welcome to the site Jeremy you have some real nice artifacts man thanks for sharing
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

JR wrote:

You must be hitting the rivers and creeks in Kansas ,not possible here just mud, mud, and more mud no rocks or gravel.
                    Welcome Jeremy! That's the problem with NW Indiana, 90% of the rivers and creeks....glorified ditches.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yah tell me about it! We will have to meet up in the spring and share some spots, we are close enough.

Comment

I'm in! Hope the weather and ground are willing come spring.

Comment

Most of my spots are already plowed,they tend to till in the fall, and spring. I always get out there before the spring till, after the snow and rain have eroded away the dirt. Late Feb. and early March. I drive a bakery truck for Strack and VanTil and work 7-9 straight days on and then I get 7 days off so i should have a bit of free time until I start working more this summer.

Comment

Let me know when your ready, me, I hunt when I can. Preferably when the wind isn't blowing 25+ mph. Here not much turned, might be spring before we can get out.

Comment

Welcome from Oklahoma!

Comment

Welcome fron NWarkansas ,,,, awesome place great bunch of guys here
                              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                              NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                              X