New guy introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy introduction

Hello guys and ladies. I’m from the Mississippi Delta. The land here either was not inhabitable or the constant flooding covered up any archaic or paleo artifacts. We did have one Poverty Point site in this area that gave up some nice stuff but we mostly found middle woodland and Mississippian things. I say found because we don’t get out in the fields any more. I’m 73 and my wife, well you know how women are about their age, she’s over 21 but not in the best health and too the farmers that used to give us permission are either dead or retired. I grew up in bicycle distance of 3 mound systems, 1 large ceremonial center, 1 smaller center with 2 large and 1 small mounds and a site with only 1 large mound, all of which I was able to look on until about 15 years ago. This is the area where DeSoto discovered the Mississippi River but the exact location is still unknown.
    I was fortunate enough to be invited to 2 conferences hosted by Cottonlandia Museum in Greenwood Ms and funded by L. B. Jones. One on the Southern Cult and one on Quapaw pottery. Museums and private collectors from all over brought marvelous treasures to be displayed in an effort to get amateurs and professionals unified for the sake of sharing the artifacts and knowledge each group possessed . I took pictures (not the best quality but they show some amazing things) if anyone would care to see them.
    Thanks for letting me join so I can live vicariously through you fine folks.
    JEBMs
    (what’s left of him)

Welcome to the forums JEB! You're in the right place because there is a lot to see and learn here...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.
      do show some pics. of your finds.
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Welcome 🤗 from Texas!

Comment

Thanks for joining us!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com we would love to see the photos.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome
              South Dakota

Comment

I like your bio JEBMs. look forward to sharing my finds as well chime in if you want.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.....look forward to seeing your finds......
                  Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome from West Central Florida.👍🇺🇸
                    Floridaboy.

Comment

I too want to welcome you to arrowheads.com Jeb. It sounds like you had some very interesting hunting grounds. We all look forward to your posts. Kim from Central Pa.
                      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina!
                        South Carolina

Comment

Hello Mr. JEBMs,
                          Welcome from just a smidge north of Kansas City, MO.

I am new here also. Lots of very smart folks here! I am reading a lot.
                          Lots for me to learn.

vfm

Comment

Thanks, VFM, A fellow that worked for me was from KCMo and he would bring me Gates BBQ sauce from there when he came back from a visit home. That was good stuff.
                            There is a ton of knowledge on this board. Keep reading, getting out and looking and asking questions.
                            JEBMs

Comment

Now I been butting into your wonderful posts, maybe should welcome you, JEBMs! I’m gonna call you Jeb, because I love nickname of beloved long-deceased friend. I think Mrs. Jeb might enjoy this group, too….
                              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                              X