Greetings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings!

I think that the Viking exploration of North America is cool, and found your threads on the topic in your Information Center.
    I also like Native American culture. The Hopi, Pueblo, Mogellon, and Anasazi were an impressive civilization, and their feat of making canals connecting rivers in the Phoenix area is impressive because they were working in the desert.
    Cahokia is an impressive city of mounds, and the New England Amerindians had many megalithic structures.
    Peace.

Welcome to arrowheads.com forum pages.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

welcome, Charleston! One of my favorite cities in the world!
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome from West Central Florida👍🇺🇸
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Thanks for your greetings! I made a post about how the Sagas and archaeology point to regions that the Vikings visited or settled in here:
            forums.arrowheads.com/forum/general-discussion-gc5/archaeology-news-reports-discussion-gc43/699253-where-exactly-would-the-locations-for-vinland-s-regions-be-according-to-the-viking-sagas

Comment

Welcome rakovsky. Some believe that the Vikings were the ones who introduced the bow and arrow to the natives. Kim from central Pa.
              Last edited by Mattern; 08-13-2023, 08:04 PM.
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome! Viking history interests me as well.
                South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
                Welcome! Viking history interests me as well.
                The Vikings in Vinland is a fun topic bringing together themes like medieval northern technology and cutlure, a mix of Christianity and Nordic paganism that was in conflict, the meeting and clash of Amerindian and Viking cultures, exploration from cold lands (Greenland, Iceland) of new, warm lands with surprising (for the Vikings) resources.
                You can get cool semi-imaginary themes like this one:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	61l3ehVjqdL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	702098
                with some basis in reality, because the Vikings' 11th century Norse "Maine Penny" from King Olaf has a side with a Christian Cross, and another side with what looks like a dragon head like the figure on the front of Viking ships:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	f01_01.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	320.3 KB
ID:	702099
                Maine Penny (above)

Comment

Working...
                X