Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button

I found buttons coins you name it arrowhead hunting, normally with a little research I have a pretty good idea what I found. This button I cant find anything on, the front has an eagle, with United We Stand, the back says fine colour. I thought this would be pretty easy to ID, not this one, lol!

Nice find - hope this helps with ID.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Patriotic Jackson era. Very close!

Jacksonian Eagle, brass (Infantry)

(infantry)
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Patriotic Jackson era. Very close! Id say, man how did you find that, I bet I spent two hours trying to find a close match. I found some buttons in that field that match up with scoville buttons but they don't have the stamp on the back, they could be anything. None military pretty cool. Thanks for the help!

Jacksonian Eagle, brass (Infantry)

(infantry)

Comment

i love finding old buttons! ive got a ton of em".with all the old mills around here(most of them textile) they turn up everywhere in the gravel in the rivers or out in old dumps out in the woods.just usually common buttons though,glass,porcelin,bone,resin,plastic,etc.. never found a cool old military button though! great find! post some more of yer cool ones i'd like to see em".
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Heres a few more, I keep them in a historic finds tray, ones an old goodyear hard rubber button. When Im working I don't get a lot of computer time, so if I don't get back to people for a while you know why. People collect buttons like people coleect arrowheads, Im not a button person, if its interesting I keep it!

Comment

Working...
            X