one hell ova' guy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one hell ova' guy!!!

i ordered 2 awesome AH.com t-shirts off of our friend and fellow moderator HOSS recently, and MAN!! what a great surprise waiting for me in the box! Hoss was MORE than kind enough to hook me and my buddy(and hunting partner) Doc up with some wicked awesome points from our area.things i would have in the center of my frame had i found em" myself! now i know in the past i have said i dont usually have much interest in things ive not personally found,but these to me are treasures to be proud of.the provenance in them is generousness,thoughtfulness and friendship.ive never had the privilege of meeting Mr.Dorso in person but he's one dude i'd like to one day shake hands with.Doc came by last night and me and him took turns picking out points.it was better than christmas.then we washed and scrubbed em" down with an old toothbrush and looked em" all over.its fun seeing how they have been resharpened in spots,utilized as other tools,problems encountered while the stone was being knapped,and even the break patterns.we had a great time.so all in all THANK YOU VERY MUCH HOSS!!! Me and Doc really appreciate it. B)

heres what i picked out

one happy dude.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

oh ya,btw, the t-shirts are awesome! their durable,well sewn and the logos printed on em" solid. COME ON EVERYONE, WARM WEATHERS COMING QUICK SUPPORT YER SITE AND GET A T-SHIRT! at only $12.00 its well worth it. now im not just the weirdo pace'in the beach,im the weirdo in the orange shirt! :laugh:

Comment

Stop calling me Mr Dorso. my dad passed away in 96 he was Mr Dorso. LOL man I feel old now.
      Anyway Jay those are mostly from RI and MA. Had them put awat for years. We used to hand these out at lectures so people could have a real artifacts for a keepsake.
      Since I never do lectures any more I figured they would be better off back in the RI MA area.
      Jay you remind me of me when I was younger so I could not think of a better person to give them too. The way you talk about Doc to I figured you could split the loot with your partner.
      Enjoy!
      Hoss
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Happiness I'M gonna have to get a hat sometime
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That is very cool Jay. I am glad to see ya stayed away from the pink color tee's  :rolf:  :rolf:  They wouda clashed. :crazy:  :crazy:
          Wow Hoss, that's great to see those artifacts find a good home. Looks like a good fit and back in a local area for them wayward points.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That's great, Hoss   I can see Jay and Doc pouring over those like Xmas morning for sure! Jay, in the first photo, to the left of the grey flint base in the center, that point next to it has the outline at least of a Kirk, which is Early Archaic and rare in these parts. I might be mistaken, but check the photo I sent you of my buddy's typology frame to see one very similar.
            Take awhile to find all those!
            Rhode Island

Comment

hmy: awwhh man i coulda gotten em" in pink!darn. :rolf: i got one fer me and one fer Doc.that way we can spot each other on the beach during the summer mobs of people.just look for the 2 loony's in orange walkin around in circles starin at the ground. :laugh:

Comment

Awesome....Hoss is one heck of a guy!!!

Comment

That was nice Hoss. Don't want to bust your bubble Hoss but you are OLD :rolf:

Comment

Yeah, Mr. Dorso, ya are! At least that youngin respects his elder!
                    Very nice of you Hoss, you can tell Jay and Doc really appreciate it.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's one s--t eatin' grin there hahahahahaha!!!!  Know the feeling.
                      Yes, you have to get one of those hats from Mr. Dorso.  For me, more people ask about the hat than the shirt when I wander about in public, but they eye the shirt hard.

Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

Tom, thats a nice pic.
                        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Looked at that picture again Jay there is a couple of three in there from KY I think. I looked into the top of the bag before I shipped it saw all RI MA stuff and did not look at it all carefully. I did not want to mislead you. The bluish gray flint stemmed base and the kirk looking point in the middle  and there is one more I suspect the one to the right side that is kind of tan and flinty with a skinny base.. Anyway you can be sure all the Rhyolite and quartz is North Eastern material.
                          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

:laugh: i thought that big blue one was too good to be true!me and Doc where sitting here goin "this stuff cant be from around here! we never even found a flake! must be from far off in Mass. :laugh: thanks for the update bud!

Comment

Working...
                            X