Sharps: one of my favorite early bullet types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharps: one of my favorite early bullet types

Two day’s finds of 56 cal. Ringtail Sharps Carbine bullets on an early Nebraska Territory military site located on the Oregon Trail. Also found were two seated half dimes and one seated dime. (finds of several years ago)

nice collection of lead you got there
    but i really like,and wish i had,them dimes

Comment

That had to be a fun day!
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Incredible!
        Real nice to see someone finding something with one of those dang metal finding gizmos.
        Bone2stone
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

Hey Dick,  you really cleaned up on those. Must of been a lot of fun or is that a slow day for you.  :laugh:   We have a shop just down the road that carries Whites. He always has something new on display. Maybe going to have to pick one up.  Happy Hunting over there. Dan

Comment

spanky wrote:

Hey Dick,  you really cleaned up on those. Must of been a lot of fun or is that a slow day for you.  :laugh:   We have a shop just down the road that carries Whites. He always has something new on display. Maybe going to have to pick one up.  Happy Hunting over there. Dan
              Hi Dan ...I wouldn't exactly call it a slow day but I have had a lot of good days. 
            You can't go wrong with the higher end Whites machines. I used to be a White's dealer before I retired and my theory was, if you're going to spend your valuable free time to hunt relics use the best equipment available. Walking across fine, possibly valuable buried relics with a detector that can't detect them is nothing but a waste of time ...not to mention its not much fun. 
            Hope all is well back east!

Comment

11KBP Great collection of sharps there. Well done.
              I agree that if you are going to use a detector get the best one that you can afford.
              I use 2 different Minelab detectors myself and have made some very interesting finds.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:

I agree that if you are going to use a detector get the best one that you can afford.
                I use 2 different Minelab detectors myself and have made some very interesting finds.
                  The Minelabs are high-end quality detectors ...good choice 2ndoldman.
                You need to post pics of some of your interesting finds. I'd sure like to
                see some finds from your part of North America.

Comment

Working...
                X