Theres gold in them thar hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres gold in them thar hills

Cool article about 1st century BC Roman gold mines discovered in Spain . They used some type of laser to map the area. I thought it would be cool to share here.
    Las Médulas in León is considered to be the largest opencast goldmine of the Roman Empire, but the search for this metal extended many kilometres further south-east to the Erica river valley. Thanks to a Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) laser system attached to an aircraft, the ancient mining works of the area and the complex hydraulics system used by the Romans in the 1st century BC to extract gold (including channels, reservoirs and a double river diversion) have been discovered.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Thank You Matt! One of the discovery's This year for me! was the mining flumes, here in Fairplay.  Extremely rare, I was glad to bring it forward. With some help I will get on the Nation Register.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thank you for the link Matt. Interesting technology for sure.
      Chase help may be as close as spring.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:

Thank you for the link Matt. Interesting technology for sure.
        Chase help may be as close as spring.
        Thanks Bruce! yes that is when funding will be available. I have already took the historical society out there.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
        X