Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons

There is a field I get to detect and hunt heads at the same time. The other day I went out and took my very first picture of an artifact laying on the ground. I did move it before I took picture though because dam phone said disconnect from pc. Then took batt out and rebooted. Anyhow here is that picture and a couple cool buttons.

Cool finds  Pete,  thanks for showing em' !
    I'm wondering is the union button referring to the 1860's union, or is it a later workers union reference,  such as United mine workers union?
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

2 very nice buttons Pete but the old navy button is a killer. :woohoo:  You should research that one,I am thinking 1800s for sure.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Its an early site and the button is from around 1770-1790 From what I have found on the web. Have not found one in that shape. Might be a cufflink. The union button is 1800s  I did find a picture of one on the web with a price but no more info than that.                        The first coins I found there where from the 1700s just laying on the ground while hunting heads back in the 80s. I took a buddy there when we both bought our metal detectors and found around 14 coins the first time.                                                                                     You can see where there was a house at one time and I think it was flooded out because of the location in the floodplain.

Comment

If you can post a close up of each side of the navy button I will do some research on it.
          Bruce

Comment

I cleaned it up a little with a dry toothbrush. its a 1/2 inch wide and 5/8ths tall

Comment

I will see what I can do.
              Bruce

Comment

Pete I just received a reply from a friend of mine in the Maritimes. He is into buying and selling Colonial era buttons and coins and this is his reply.
                "Part of a cufflink, and the design is similar to a 1770s/80s British Royal Navy Captains button, so that more less dates it, but I've never seen any reference material that states cufflinks were military issued..... but I think it would be very fair to say a British Royal Naval officer would have worn it."
                Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X