Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am sometimes a little self conscious posting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sometimes a little self conscious posting!

This is a lithics forum and I am conscious of that so I don't post everything as I do on some other sites I am part of.
    This post is a partial catch up of some of the finds I have made in the last 2 weeks. So here we go.
    The first one is a bottle I found because of the screw top. It's not the first and will not be the last I find this way.
    This style of bottle was made from 1887 through to the 1940s so this one could be from the prohibition days.

2 recent military finds first is a Royal Canadian Air Force sleeve button circa 1024-1952.

The second is a WW1 shoulder badge.

I have found some silver coins.

And some silver jewelry.

This is just a sample of the this I have found recently. Thanks for looking.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Bruce, I understand being self conscious. I get that way myself on other/your main forum site. Or feel that since its not the main forum content, others may not wish to view it. And I am just posting because I can.
    I for one, enjoy all things from past era's. It has amazed  me what is lost and then found from all time periods. The finds the story's and the education.  What you show and find are items I have not had the opportunity to be exposed to.
    Keep posting! I am sure I am not alone in enjoying your finds!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Bruce, please post 'em up! I don't always respond to threads in other areas but I always read them and glean knowledge. I enjoy bottles (used to actively collect them) and as Chase said, I am interested in anything from the past.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Yep Ray just summed up what I was thinking,  I don't always respond but I usually always check your post out with much admiration. .. I think we're all history nuts around here, so if it's old We like it! You find some amazing stuff Bruce and I'm glad you share it with us!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I used to collect bottles too.  post them if you want to. I will see if I can find a few of mine and post them up.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Bruce, love seeing your finds, especially the bottles! I'm a sea glass collector from way back -and- occasionally luck out finding an intact bottle washed up on the beach. One came from as far away as Denmark (I'm in VIrginia). Most are broken, and if I'm lucky it will have some letters or logos to help in identifying. Keep sharing!
            Child of the tides

Comment

love them bottle
              seems  a little ironic that you mentioned it may be from the prohibition era
              as i am reading this thread while watching "MOONSHINERS" LOL
              keep posting what you find,as i find what you find to be really cool

Comment

Hey Bruce, Thanks for the many very interesting detector finds. My brother has a huge bottle collection and I enjoy seeing them. I always read the posts in this category.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Keep posting for sure Bruce love seeing old bottles and all your detector finds..
                  My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

Yeah, what they all said before me. Me, I always enjoy your posts. We're all history buffs here!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

If you want to feel better go look at some of my early what did I find posts. Bahahahahahaha! :rolf:

Comment

I agree completely with the sentiments other members have expressed, Bruce. I thought it was a great idea to add this section to our forum. I don't leave a lot of replies, either, but I would always prefer more posts to less   As everyone has said, in so many words, it's all about picking up pieces of the past.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                        X