Land and sea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land and sea.

Waiting for the tides to change seems to be the story of my life at the moment.
    Oh well make the best of it by hitting different places at different times is the best way I feel.
    I hit a different green space while waiting this time and the finds were not that great.
    More lead than I care to carry around for to long.
    One old coin, 1919 S
    And can you tell what makes these similar? :?:
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Kind of a fun find I'd say.
      Once the time was right I headed out to the beach. Now this beach is in a small cove so it hardly ever gets scouring waves to remove the sand and all decent targets are quite deep. None of the brass items was less than 16" deep.  :crazy
    I was using the 17" coil and found that the deeper targets would give a little blip of sound and then disappear. So I took to pinpointing these illusive targets and made some keepers. Before I get to the better ones a little explanation of some of those in the picture above. The large round brass piece at the top right is marked Michigan Lubricator, the most likely match for this one is a lubricator for a hit -and- miss engine. The fishing lure is marked AL&W Stewart and the buckle is marked SOL Bronze.
    This is an odd one. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
    Bruce

Comment

Kids toys are always fun to find and the older the better. This bicycle bell has an interesting design.
        The first keeper for me was this button like find at 18" At least I thought it was a button now I'm leaning more towards 1/2 of a locket.

Bruce

Comment

The second and third keepers were not together, it's just a shot I sent to my friend  Micheal.
          The lighter is a definite keeper for me.
        Bruce

Comment

I then pulled this tide worn nickle.
          And my last keeper for the day was a WW1 era button.
          Here are the 2 buttons and the half locket cleaned up.
          Bruce

Comment

Good day!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Really blows my mind of how much old cool stuff you can find! I dont think I could go anywhere in my region and expect similar results. Your obviously in a special place, with great history and there must have been lots of money in that area! Amazing!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

AWESOME ALLIGATOR!  :laugh:
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Kyflintguy wrote:

Really blows my mind of how much old cool stuff you can find! I dont think I could go anywhere in my region and expect similar results. Your obviously in a special place, with great history and there must have been lots of money in that area! Amazing!
                  I think you would be very surprised by what can be found in your area.
                  People have always thrown away "stuff" and they also lose "things".
                  So wherever people have been things can be found. You have so much more history of occupation where you are over my short 150yrs of occupation here.
                  Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it.
                  Bruce

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

AWESOME ALLIGATOR!  :laugh:
                    Thanks :rolf: easier to take home than a real one. :woohoo:
                    Bruce

Comment

Those are some really great finds there That alligator is cool.  Love the lighter too
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you Hoss , the lighter is my favorite find for this hunt.
                        Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X