Thursdays dip in the drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursdays dip in the drink.

The targets are starting to thin out in this small little area I have been hunting lately.
    But until I can wade through it without a single hit I am not giving up on finding at least one of those missing padlock keys.
    More broken glass. I have to shake my head as to why people doe this type of thing in an area know for having swimmers.

And the discarded trash that goes alone with it.

Now ready to be recycled.

I initially though that I had 2 silver items here.

But it turned out to be another crusty LC.

And a silver plated spoon.

If I am reading the markings correctly. It would be from John Round & Sons 1863-1957 Sheffield England. And if the date code is correct 1865 fits in with their earlier work.

I think my most interesting find on Thursday was another brass item.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

The embossing says KOSMOS made in Germany. From there it gets a little worn but I think it reads as Deposi A.N.C. :?:

What could it be? I think it is a pencil sharpener, and just needs a razor blade to top it off.

I forgot to show these, talk about your disparity in sizes. The larger I think is from a flair gun and the one on the right is my first 20 gauge.

Bruce

Comment

nice finds man that made in Germany item is unique.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I like that brass item as well.  Looks like it could be a pencil sharpener.   I like the silver spoon too.
        South Dakota

Comment

Hey Bruce, Sone cool finds there. I like the spoon...Lots of marks on it.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

The little brass item is indeed a pencil sharpener. They made them from 1902-15.

The postmark on this post card is 1902.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X