Killer artifact found this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer artifact found this weekend

Well............. part of a killer artifact! A letter holder without the hand. Found it at one of the 1800's old house place I have been hunting. Hit a signal that was all over the place. Going from penny to quarter. I figured it was going to be some type of copper or brass artifact. It was almost a foot deep. Turns out it is a letter holder from the early 1800's. Going back as soon as I can to see what else is there, hopefully the hand or some good silver coins. Here is a link to what it should look like. http://kievkirby.com/?p=1212

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2570.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	216966

Hey Toccopola, That's a cool old piece of history. Nice find.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Very nice find indeed.

Comment

Hey toccopola _ that is an awesome find. Did ya happen to have any idea as to what it when you found it. I would have never guessed that it was a letter holder. ...Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• toccopola
          toccopola commented
          Editing a comment
          not a clue, never seen anything like it. my wife used the words on it and done a search and thats what came up. i just hope i can find the hand part that goes with it.

WOW.What a beautiful piece of lost history.
        Those funky signals that are all over the place make for some of the best finds.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
        X