Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets try something a little different for a change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets try something a little different for a change.

It usually takes me somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 hours to create a post.
    And that does not include the time I take to clean everything up for the pictures.
    So I am going to save myself some time and put it up to you guys and gals to ask the questions.
    Like where was I over the last two days? Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	218694

Would any of you like to know why I was tromping back and forth in the muck? Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	218695

Why did I group certain things together that don't seem to make any sense?
    Like why is that blue bead sitting there with the ammo?
    Come on guys and gals it is up to you now Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	218697

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147.gif
Views:	147
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	218696
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

A married livestock Farmer lost ring? must be somewhere else? Pretty big haul, what were the group of key's used to unlock?
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Ok..I'm good at this game...... colonel mustard, used the pipe, in the hotels (keys) restaurant, during the soup course of the meal ( spoons)..... how'd I do???? 😁
      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

I see a lot of keys of similar type which aren’t vehicle keys and when I enlarged your picture, they’re all numbered with three digits. Might those be locker keys or cabin keys? Plus some lanyard clips of the kind you might find on rucksacks and duffel bags. Also a lot of spoons as well as luxury personal items for both men and women along with the ammo. Are you at some kind of lakeside retreat or holiday village for recreational use by hunters and campers?
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshinMO View Post
          A married livestock Farmer lost ring? must be somewhere else? Pretty big haul, what were the group of key's used to unlock?
          Josh actually there are two rings there. This time they are both silver. This is the one I found on Monday. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpMiugyRAM.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	218726 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpD9lek1AM-1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	218727 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpvPvRBYAM-1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	218728 On Tuesday this one popped out. And boy did it sparkle. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpacaTB7AM.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	218729 Can see the weak post on the lower right?
          Well I got very lucky in that the stone was still in the ring. Because as soon as the crust came off the stone fell out. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpsPENd0AM.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	218730 I think that I may get this one restored. If this is cubic zirconia it is the prettiest one I have found. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpVBvnxiAM.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	218731
          Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Cskelton View Post
            Ok..I'm good at this game...... colonel mustard, used the pipe, in the hotels (keys) restaurant, during the soup course of the meal ( spoons)..... how'd I do???? 😁
            Chad/ colonel mustardThose keys are from a motel with cabins that is just above the high tide line where I am searching. Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_173636.jpg
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	218736I am not certain as to why there are so many spoons in this location. Most of them predate the motel. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpGtAaW0AM.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	218737
            Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by painshill View Post
              I see a lot of keys of similar type which aren’t vehicle keys and when I enlarged your picture, they’re all numbered with three digits. Might those be locker keys or cabin keys? Plus some lanyard clips of the kind you might find on rucksacks and duffel bags. Also a lot of spoons as well as luxury personal items for both men and women along with the ammo. Are you at some kind of lakeside retreat or holiday village for recreational use by hunters and campers?
              Roger, as I mentioned to Chad, there is currently a motel on the site above where I am searching. I chose this area because of it's history and the potential of finding older items. I know that for many of the members on the east coast (and of coarse yourself over there on the other side of the pond) this is not old. But for here in
              Victoria this is about as old as it gets. http://www.maureenduffus.com/history...ower-farm.html
              The school house is across the Gorge from my location and the manor house is just up the way on the same side that I am working. The location I am doing now was where the actual farm and the bunk house for the workers was.
              I think that you are referring to this grouping of finds Click image for larger version

Name:	20160720_173641.jpg
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	218741On Monday near the end of my hunt I searched the small area with all of my foot prints in the mud. I first found that brass bracelet and then this cufflink. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpMFFeUpAM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	218742 As well as this piece. Click image for larger version

Name:	php6J104vAM.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	218743 Intrigued by this I returned on Tuesday and found a few more pieces to the puzzle. Click image for larger version

Name:	phplQVh0PAM.jpg
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	218744 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpcXxjfQAM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	218745 I say puzzle because the reason why these items are here escapes me. And what the heck do these belong to? Click image for larger version

Name:	phpZtSRqvAM.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	218746
              Bruce

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course the large piece is a common link that is available in hardware stores today. The bolt it threaded so you can remove it and fasten two chains, cables, or whatever together.

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                You are correct Ron.
                The bolt though has been peened over and soldered closed and If you look closely you can see the silver solder points where something else was attached.

The two aqua bottles under table are nice as well as other stuff.
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Hahaha. I keep forgetting that those battles are even there.

Was this the location of a building fire? Cool cuff links and why not put the cigarette holder with the ashtray?
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Pretty nice haul
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Matt I appreciate your comments.

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                Was this the location of a building fire? Cool cuff links and why not put the cigarette holder with the ashtray?
                Sorry Matt no building fire either. I didn't put the lighter with the ashtray because it was found separate form it. The lighter could probably work again with a little TLC. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpF0OfflPM.jpg
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	218865 It is an Elgin American. Click image for larger version

Name:	php8x5D6IPM.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	218866 I erred in that ashtray for the original pic though Mat. I should have had the navy button sitting in it.
                The reason is that it was the second of three glass items that I dug that day while retrieving a target. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpjyeW2yPM.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	218867 Click image for larger version

Name:	phpOEyhvjPM.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	218868
                Bruce

Comment

Just a cool hobby you have there. I wish my knees worked better. for a few reasons. I could garden again for one. I used to like growing veggies. On another note I was gifted a Metal Detector and only used it a few times. I found some keys, pocket change and a silver ring with it. But my body just does not work as it should. A friend recently mentioned to me I should buy a Kayak. I may try that out. There is a type you can sit on rather than inside of. He said with bad knees you just walk into the water until the Kayak is seat height sit upon it and start paddling. LOL That I think I can do and it would help build strength. I am always looks for options to get around this back and knees trouble . Not a quitter here.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                    2ndoldman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Matt I used to have major back problems myself. Ever since taking up metal detecting I have not had one single episode that required a chiropractor.
                    And I used to have to visit one 2 - 3 times a month. I'm glad that you are not a quitter my friend and kayaking sounds like an awesome way to get some exercise in.
                Working...
                X