Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are one a days that I can get into.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are one a days that I can get into.

I will change this post up a bit from my regular "keep the bling until the last".
    I have been calling this little beach that I have been working lately penny beach for obvious reasons.
    I think that I will refer to the motel as the heartbreak motel from now on.
    In the four previous days that I have posted about I showed 4 rings.
    One each day.
    Well here are two more to show. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	218981 The 10K was found on Wednesday. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	218982 And this was my very first target on Thursday.
    I turned on the CTX and did a noise cancel and bam 14K. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	218983
    OK. Time for the mundane, interesting , unique and downright cool. At least for me.
    Yes there are still pennies popping out of the beach. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	218984 And yes brass and copper is also still finding it's way into my pouch. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	218985
    The door knob is kinda cool.
    Petrified wood or some other type of stone, it was the metal inside that set off the detector. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	218986
    The hose attachment has a patent date of 1910. But the small spoon in the center was an unexpected find. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	218987
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

When it came up in the scoop from 10" or so down I didn't expect to see this. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	218989 It took reverse electrolysis and repeated tumblings to get it clean. Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	218990 I was really hoping for a silver sugar spoon.
    but unless EP means something other than electro plate.
    This is just another conversation piece. Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	218991
    I am always keeping my eyes open for shapes and colours when I am walking the beaches.
    Marbles are easy. It is the lithic points that have escaped me so far.
    What I have never kept my eyes open for is long straight tubes though.
    That is until I saw this in the water ahead of me on Wednesday. Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	218992 After cleaning off the muck in the water Hmmm came to mind. Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	218993 So I cast about and found more. Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	218994 When this one showed up I was almost positive. Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	218995 Thursday I just had to know for sure.
    Now, never in a million years did I expect to actually find an 1800s clay pipe here in Victoria.
    But that is exactly what I found.
    And I am as happy as a pig in a puddle with these finds Click image for larger version

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	218997
    Attached Files
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bravo! Interesting finds Bruce I think that you will find the door knob is porcelain My grandmothers home had door knobs like the ones on the bottom shelf at this site http://www.noreast1.com/hardware/mineralknob1.jpg I believe they were porcelain or some type of fired clay that was glazed. Perhaps that is what you door knob is.

Credits for that photo go to http://www.noreast1.com/ there are a lot of interesting historic items on that page.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the picture and the link Matt. I will check out the link at a later date but that picture sure looks like mine.

Looks like at lil monkey has a good reason for dancing a jig!

Comment

Working...
      X