back from my vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back from my vacation

well it looks like every one done good on their hunts while i was gone, gold rings bucket fulls of copper and brass, coins and even some slightly used shot needles. i spent my vacation wade fishing in the gulf of mexico on the mississippi gulf coast. we caught only a small handful of fish the water had done got hot and the big fish had moved out to deeper water. i spent the rest of my time hunting a bunch of yards in my sisters neighborhood and beach hunting. the beaches in gulfport aren't very rich in rings but were loaded with pull tabs and beer caps, i did manage to find a nice handful of clad and i got a very nice surprise when i dug a dime signal up came a 64 rosie dime that was 8 inches deep in the wet sand. i walked some in the low tide but only found pull tabs and lots of chunks that looked like crushed aluminum and a some crusty nickles and pennies. i will post a picture of my coins when i get it all unpacked.

Welcome back. Hope your vacation was relaxing and enjoyable. Now get back to work. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• toccopola
      toccopola commented
      Editing a comment
      the temperature on the mississippi coast is just a few degrees cooler than north mississippi but the humidity down there is killer. its so thick you can cut it with a butter knife. i was only gone a week or so and when i got home i had to cut the yard it looked like it grew a foot.

i forgot about the bottom set of teeth and the jeep and the 1 peso coin from uruguay Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2668 (767x800).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	219413

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha. :-)
      This is a picture that I can really sink my teeth into.

• toccopola
      toccopola commented
      Editing a comment
      i found the teeth sticking up out of the sand next to the waters edge, it scared me at first thinking that i might have found one of those missing persons that was lost in the katrina hurricane.

Sounds like a great time and some cool finds. Have you found anymore arrowheads lately? Really enjoyed seeing your finds

Comment

• toccopola
      toccopola commented
      Editing a comment
      been a few times but only found some low grade common points and nutting stones. i'm waiting for one of my friends to get some time off from work before i go back to my honey hole i promised to take him next time i go. he better hurry up!
Working...
X