• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weekend

This is a down and dirty post.
    No long stories.
    And not a ton of pictures.
    I took it easy from Friday evening through to Sunday afternoon.
    And only hunted for 10 1/2 hours.
    I am still clearing the way for fall and winter hunting as the ground is still to dry here right now.
    So it is surface or near surface targets for now.
    The trash for the weekend was not to horrible. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	220313 And gas was totally covered. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	220314 This size 11 1/2 silver ring was Saturdays very first signal.
    And I was so laid back when I started that I forgot my pinpointer in the trunk and had to retrieve it before I found it. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	220315 The silver puzzle ring came out in a coin spill. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	220316 The dog tag will look nice in the display case despite the missing piece.
    It broke while removing the remains of the rusted hoop. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	220317 And the pen is just a very nice fully functioning Parker Insignia ballpoint pen.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

You got all kind's of cap's in that pile.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      On hot days like yesterday it would be nice to find one of those caps still on the bottle.

the ground is bone dry here also and will be till winter, unless we get a wet fall. that looks like a whole gas tank full of coins, for long the tax man is going to be sending you a bill for all the recovered money. its fluster rating getting that signal that is very deep right now. down by the old school house i been hitting some but the ground is hard on top then there is a layer of white crushed gravel then more soil from the 1930 surface then 5 inches of washed gravel under it and thats where the old coins are and deeper, a lot of the signals are 8 inches or deeper.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      When it is dry like this I reduce my sensitivity so that I don't hear those deeper targets.
      Far less frustration that way. It sounds like late fall and early spring are going to be the best times for you to find the nice older stuff.
Working...
X