todays dig in my new silver mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• todays dig in my new silver mine!

found these about two hours ago in the yard where one of my watches came from, i still got half the front yard to go and some of the back yard. in the back yard there is a huge oak tree that had a tire swing that was put up in the 30's. you can still see the grove where the rope or chain was wrapped around the tree limb. all the pennies came from under the tree limb. i found one of the mercury dimes right by the back porch and the rest of the silver came from a path from the driveway to the front porch. two of the dimes rang up as pennies on the display, and the franklin showed up as a quarter. the half dollar was about 3 inches deep and had that perfect tone, i kept telling myself it was just a sardine can or something, it was the first thing i found. most of the other coins were around 4 inches or so. i was running wide open for awhile but the iron was all over along with candy foil. ms winter said that all the kids in the neighborhood used to swing on the tire swing. i'm going back this weekend if i don't have to work. the nails and the copper or brass ring came from the ridge top where i found the arrowheads. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2672 (800x576).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	220722

Silver is always nice to find. Like the old nails as well.

Comment

nice,i love old silver coins
      i have several hundred of them

what year are those mercury dimes(cant tell from the pic)
      the one on the left looks likes it is in petty decent shape as does the half dollar and the roosevelt dime on the far left

Comment

• toccopola
        toccopola commented
        Editing a comment
        right one is a 43 and left one is a 44

HOLY HANNAH it looks like you won the lottery. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_223.gif
Views:	96
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	220748
      Now I'm jealous.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• toccopola
        toccopola commented
        Editing a comment
        i felt like that little dancing man when i found the half dollar.

Nice finds you lucky dog you!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
      X