Lost gold in South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost gold in South Dakota

Hey Bruce, read this article about SD lakes. Go down to Long lake, and read about the gold there. I drive by that lake just about every day. If you ever get down to my part of the world, we will go look for it. The other articles are good too.
    South Dakota

Forgot to leave the link.
    Many glacial lakes in northeastern South Dakota are named for Indian legends passed down through generations via oral history.
    South Dakota

Comment

I could get into that search in a heartbeat Gary. and I would truly enjoy hooking up with you whether it be metal detecting, artifact hunting or swapping tall stories.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

The east end of this lake is all pasture. No houses etc. I was just chatting about it the other day with the owner. He said no one has looked in years. I figured that if the money was in 20 dollar gold pieces, then 56000 dollars would have been about 2800 gold dollars at the time. They are worth about 3000 each as collector pieces. That would be 8.4 million. Of course it could all be legend!
        South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be willing to halfs on a quarter of that much. How would you like to have a cool million in the back pocket right now?
          Last edited by 2ndoldman; 03-05-2017, 01:04 PM.

It would be just A Ok !
        South Dakota

Comment

You should look into who would own the coins if they were ever found.
          This couple was in serious jeopardy of having their find confiscated by the US government.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
          X