• Show
Clear All

• SGT.Digger
    replied
    Nicearooo. I’d go back there and camp a week or two

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    commented on 's reply
    Gold mining is not a cheap hobby lol but if luck holds it my pay for itself.

• gregszybala
    replied
    That is cool Dennis, and a hobby that you can actually make money doing instead of spending.

Leave a comment:

• Garguy
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    replied
    My son is still finding bits and pieces when he can get out the old mine is flooded. So, we will never know what's down inside but there's still a lot of waste rock on the piles containing gold. I bought an electric crusher and have been running test pieces and have smelted some gold. Here's some buttons I melted 10 grams worth of gold out of 113 grams of ore .
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    commented on 's reply
    I was out working on the trail today making it easier for my old self and my quad to get a little closer. Rocks are heavy lol.

• tomf
    replied
    When you see the dust cloud rising and headed your way you'll realize you've started the second California gold rush. Great thread and exciting find. So pretty. ..

Leave a comment:

• Garguy
    commented on 's reply
    Super fine powder gold in that.

• Josie
    replied
    I’m enjoying this thread, a lot!

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    replied
    Gold and more gold this sample has been crushed and ground in a mortar/ pestle then Panned. No acids or chemicals just a little dish soap then pan again slowing pouring off the suspended oxidized red mud. I'm going to smelt this sample to try free up more gold. Look at the microscopic gold in the scratches in the pan. This just a small pancake sized gold pan used for testing super rich ore, we have a small smelter to fire this to see what else we can recover from this oxidized ore. I forgot to take a photo of the rusty/ black piece before I crushed it Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260564.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	629610Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260569.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	629611Click image for larger version

Name:	P4260574.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	629612

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    commented on 's reply
    The pieces are smaller but no skunks yet. I'll post a photo of what my son is finding now.

• Garguy
    replied
    Has he pretty much cleaned it out? This thread makes me smile and my imagination ramble.

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    commented on 's reply
    Crazy right my son metal detects all over California and Nevada and finds this right here .

• Sage hen jack
    replied
    Wow South!!! Those Quartz/Gold laced finds are amazing. That’s my favorite. During the Gold Rush jewelers in San Fran would make Lapel stick pins ,Watch fobs and other Quartz Gold luxury items. Michael Price’ and Will & Finck’ used it on some of their Fancy California Bowie Knife handles.

Leave a comment:

• south fork
    replied
    A few of the larger pieces my son is leaving as specimens with the host rock. Several of these weigh an ounce or more I'm gently cleaning with a toothbrush after a soak in muriatic acid . Click image for larger version

Name:	P3290454.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	629374Click image for larger version

Name:	P3290462.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	629375

Leave a comment:

Working...
X