Display Frame 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Frame 10

Today I decided to display a few more of my recently knapped blades and points.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame 10.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	819.9 KB
ID:	241605
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

very cool! awesome work bud!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

That's one handsome case!
      Child of the tides

Comment

Nice work Ron! That may be my favorite of all your knapping frames. I like them all, but that longer hornstone auriclate base piece has awesome flaking! Thanks for sharing that frame!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Those are awesome Ron and together they make up one of the most beautiful displays I've ever seen. The variety of shapes and colors of lithic is truly awesome. As usual Ron, super work.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Wow!
            Rhode Island

Comment

Those make for a fantastic display Ron. Any chance of seeing your first knapping results side by side with the latest ones?
              I think that it would be a great show and tell of your progress so far.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Bruce: I started with novaculite 20 months ago. Some of those are pretty crude. See below.

My first points: Click image for larger version  Name:	Frame 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	837.6 KB ID:	241634

The first two spalls that I knapped produced these points:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Point #1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	241635Click image for larger version  Name:	Point #2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	139.1 KB ID:	241636
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25178.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.0 KB ID:	241642Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25180.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	241639Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25179.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	241638Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25181.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	241640Click image for larger version  Name:	image_25182.jpg Views:	1 Size:	155.6 KB ID:	241641
              Last edited by Ron Kelley; 02-20-2017, 08:39 PM.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                You have come a long way my friend.
                Are you planing on keeping them as is, to remind yourself of the progress that you have made?
                Or are you thinking of retouching some of them?
            Working...
            X