Along came a turtle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Along came a turtle

I have been gone all morning, so I haven't got to posting this yet. I came along a few days ago, and found the bones of an old snapping turtle. His shell was smashed, but I decided to not let him go to waste. I have made about fifteen pendants out of his shell, and I can make about five-seven more. These are the best ones - the others are just plain. My favorite is the snake head effigy pendant on the bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1365.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	326710
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Love them KP!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Hey Ethan, Now that is a way cool material to use for pendants. Nice work.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Donโ€™t Stand for Something, Youโ€™ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Look for the claws too, they make for a cool necklace
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I found three of them, stuck to some "mummified" flesh. I yanked them out, and now I gotta figure out something to do with them. Ha, I am not shy! If I see a diseased animal, with claws or teeth, I yank them right out! I did this way before the primitive stuff too.

Ethan, I was a bit younger than you when I first started making primitive stuff too, you keep at it like you are and your gonna be really good and really experienced by the time you get older, Iโ€™m glad to see you trying your hand at all these projects, good for you bud!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

That really an ingenious way to recycle turtle parts KP. Way to think out of the box.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        The Native Americans were the first recylclers. Now that I am making primitive stuff, I see a lot in nature that can be used for something. Nothing can go to waste. I think it's cool that I see that now. My mom thinks differently when she see's hacksaws, bone fragments, flakes and wood shavings in her garage...

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea - my wife would be the same way. She's not into dead stuff. I brought a set of rattles off a Timber Rattler home from a walk and she says "I hope you're not planning on keeping those in the house." Go figure.

Cool idea keep on making things I enjoy your post Ethan
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Now that is ingenuity at its finest.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Very nice work Ethan. If it were me I would make a turtle effigy one and wear it to honor the spirit of the creature.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
          Very nice work Ethan. If it were me I would make a turtle effigy one and wear it to honor the spirit of the creature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1366.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	326959

Here it is! I guess it looks turtley enough.

By the way, I only use a hacksaw, a drill and sanding paper for these. Nothing else.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
          X