Art work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art work

I got this several years ago when I traded twelve arrows for it. it is a reproduction of a mound builders Gorget carved by Steve Moon. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6179.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	332790
    South East Ga. Twin City

Very impressive! I like it. đź‘Ť

Comment

I’m not sure what to think... It looks South American with the dragon or snake....The eye on the hand kind of freaks me out...It’s different though, I like things that are different....Any idea of the meaning of the carving ?
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it is the hand and eye motif from the South Eastern ceremonial complex during mound building period. It has two rattle snakes circling it. The Sun Circles and Human hands book covers this in depth.

That's well done! I noticed that it is the same Gorget that's on the cover of Sun Circles and Human Hands which you recommended. I've really enjoyed that book thank you!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops think I got my books mixed up you recommend the tool book awesome book!

• willjo
        willjo commented
        Editing a comment
        No you have correct book and it is on cover

Wow! That's impressive! I would never have the patience to do something like that. That, and I don't have massive shells lying around.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Wow nice workmanship on that piece.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That is very nice I love native artwork ,what material is it carved out of?

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a modern reproduction of one that was found in a mound, and it is some kind of shell.

Love that Johnny . Don’t you just love hand made art of any kind .

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            I do and he engraved those with dental drills
        Working...
        X