Burns Green Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns Green Blades

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4914.JPG Views:	1 Size:	122.1 KB ID:	383800 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4916.JPG Views:	1 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	383801 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4915.JPG Views:	1 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	383802 One Long thin one short and stout going to a friend in Yuma .Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4960.JPG Views:	1 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	383798 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4961.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	383799
    Wyoming

Whoa That's some beautiful flaking Bret. I have never knapped any of that beautiful material yet but a friend just gave me a slab. I think you know him. Simply awesome blades.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• beatup1354
      beatup1354 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is some of the best obsidian to knapp nice and dense.Wish i had more of this type of burns it is called lighting bolt because of the blue streaks running through it.
      Last edited by beatup1354; 08-05-2019, 08:25 AM.

Wow...just wow...

Those blades, and the ones you post regularly are world class. Just unbelievable.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Ron i do have one nice small piece of it left but i don't want to cut it up it is on of my display pieces Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5289.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	383813
      Wyoming

Comment

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding display piece!!! Thanks for the photo Bret.

Exceptional work Bert.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That is one dandy of a blade for sure. It looks like it was poured into a mold...nice work and great material...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Wow factor on the material and flaking on this one, just super. Hard to believe it was once a chink of obsidian.
          SE IA

Comment

Thats awesome...we have a thread in here called. "Show us your green" . Near st.paddys day..that would fit on there perfectly....nice work
            ​​​​​
            SW Connecticut

Comment

nice work on some killer material
              burns is about the only type of obsidian i will work any more.once in awhile i will work other types but prefer not to work obsidian at all.

great flake patterns on them pieces also

you doing FOG work? nothing wrong with that if thats how you do them.

i tried a couple FOG pieces a few years back,but just wasnt the type of knapping i like doing

once again, nice work on some killer material

Comment

Working...
              X