WOW Thanks Gary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW Thanks Gary!

Gary gave me three real nice Bison Horn Caps. The longest is over twenty inches long. I made a point of not getting up close with a Bison but I had no idea the horns were that long. Gary sent me two big rocks of Quartzite too. That's going to be fun to work with. Many thanks Gary!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gary's Bison Horn Cap.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	515791
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Cool Gary and Ron!!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Very nice! Can't wait to see what your creative juices will make from the Quartzite.
      South Carolina

Comment

You’re welcome Ron. The big horn cap came off a really old cow, so that’s why it got so big. Both cobbles came out of fields I hunt, so I assumed they were intended
        to be eventually used for points, so it was destiny! 🙂
        South Dakota

Comment

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Gary, I Thank you and the ancient collectors of this beautiful quartzite. There will be many points from that rock.

A side note. That old cow got bought by a guy I do the work for, from the wild herd they have in Custer State Park, in the Black Hills. She was pretty old. Almost looked white. So you have a little souvenir from the Black Hills.
        South Dakota

Comment

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Way Cool!

That’s something you don’t see every day . Yap can’t wait to see what you make .

Comment

Working...
        X