Hornstone & Redheart Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornstone & Redheart Knife

Just recently I have seen a lot of different types of wood and it's interesting to work with new stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knife 71.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	720921
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

You have come up with some amazing wood lately and your treatment of it has really made its beauty shine. I love the flaking on this piece.
    Some years back my brother used some , I believe, red heart on a pepper mill that he turned and had an issue with it turning brown as it aged due to oxidation. Seems as though he started using some type of UV block in his finish to prevent that. Have you heard anything about that?

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jeb, This is the first Redheart that I have used. I have a Rosewood handle that turned brown and I have an Eastern Red Cedar handle that turned brown. These two knives were never left in direct sunlight but just faded to brown after several years.

Wow, that’s stunning Ron!
    South Carolina

Comment

Wow nice one Ron.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

nice ron. K
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

That handle is vibrant red, I like it! Very nice flaking on the Hornstone blade too.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
          X