Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky point
    replied
    The Georgetown knife is unavailable. It has been sold elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky point
    commented on 's reply
    He sent two of them in a box of bifaces he sent me. I hafted this one, but the other one is in my keeper case. a KILLER dacite Clovis. They are not signed, at least not that I can see. I will keep the scribes in mind.

• sneakygroundbuzzard
    replied
    i cant believe you actually hafted Jims point.

i would have stuck that baby in my OPP keeper case.
    do you know if he signed and dated that point?

i would recomend you singing and dating all of your points/blades with a diamond scribe.
    its just something most all of us knappers do, 99.99% of the time you cant see it after its signed with a diamond scribe.(unless you use something like a jewelers loop)but it helps to keep them from being
    sold by unscrupulous persons as true artifacts.

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky point
    started a topic Two knives for trade

Two knives for trade

I am offering these two primitive hafted knives. Lets start off with the first one.

It is a Georgetown flint blade, made from a flake. The handle is cedar I cut in my backyard, and is hafted with Rhode Island pine pitch, and sinew from Wisconsin. Basically, it took half the country to make this thing. Please note, that I am a beginner, and it is not as high a quality as some of the more experienced knappers work. The good news is that it is thin, and very sharp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0581.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	344710

Name:	DSC_0582.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	344711

Next, is something I call a Winn Paleo blade.This blade was knapped by Jim Winn, a very good knapper, who sells and knaps very thin bifaces, Clovis points, etc. He is Paleomanjim on youtube. I hafted the Obsidian blade to a cedar handle with pine pitch. It is not wrapped with sinew, but I could wrap it is desired.

Name:	DSC_0577.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	344712 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0578.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	344713

In return, I will ask for either:

Hafting supplies, i.e pine pitch, and sinew
    Knapping stone
    Supplies for knapping, primitives, etc.

If you would like more pictures, feel free to ask.

Thank you for looking!
Working...
X