X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you think it's worth: flying arrowhead

How much do you think it's worth: flying arrowhead

Moderator Note: This thread was originally started in 2014, but has been re-created since it didn’t migrate across from the old forum.

Posted by [Daffyduck] (Banned):

Multi-purpose arrowheads

Please comment:
    How much do you think it's worth: I found arrowheads with distictive artwork and materials representative of the area(snyder, tx).
    Little inscription of what appears to be a caveman on artefact
    auodad climbing into a three dimensional shape
    Inscription of a spear
    Inscription of a fire
    Caprock shape
    Fish shaped arrowhead
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20140621_131812.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	199221

Name:	20140622_090933.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	199222

Posted by [painshill]:
    Is this meant to be a joke? If not, it's not going to end well!

Name:	NotGoingtoEndWell.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	199223

Posted by [TennesseeCollectors]:

Posted by [JoshinMO]:
    Looks like a mower ran over an aluminum can.

Posted by [ordovician]:
    Did you relocate this thread to "all things collectable" because you don't believe they are ancient projectiles? These are not artifacts, that's certain. Duplicate threads just confuse, and there is no question that those are not "arrowheads".

Posted by [Ron Kelley]:
    Very Daffy Duck

Posted by [Olden]:

My crack team of authenticators are awake now, but as of yet, have not had their coffee - will get back to you Daff..
    PS. Eating unfamiliar mushrooms can be dangerous.

Name:	MoreFunToo.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	199224

Posted by [waterglass]:
    The rodent jaw made me.

Posted by [Ron Kelley]:

Name:	Paper_2014-06-28-2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	199225

Posted by [chase]:
    I have combined the two posts into one. I have put these into All things collectible. And I am saying with a stern warning that posting the same objects in multiple categories, is abusive. These are not artifacts they look like what I might fish out of a campfire..
    to to AH.com, But right now I have little patients, for such.

Posted by [ordovician]:

daffyduck wrote:

Comments on my collection. I found arrowheads with distictive artwork and materials representative of the area(snyder, tx).
    Little inscription of what appears to be a caveman on artifact
    auodad climbing into a three dimensional shape(wing section)
    Inscription of a spear
    Inscription of a fire
    Caprock shape
    Fish shaped arrowhead

That probably makes as much sense as anything we could come up with by way of interpretation.
    My initial, and obvious faulty, interpretation was the first one looked like a worker's fist rising over the Ural Mts. But, upon further consideration, no way a Native American could have known that.

Posted by [painshill]:
    I found some stuff like that in the local park. I was rummaging in a trash can. That was me shouting at the pigeons, wearing one of my shoes as a hat. I think it was the day before I banged my head on the wishing well and all I could smell for three weeks was onions. Or maybe it was the day after.
    I think this thread belongs in "Off the Wall". I'm not sure where daffyduck belongs.
    Note: openly posting your e-mail address on a forum is an open invitation to spam-bots to add you to nuisance mail lists. I'm sure you'll get loads.

Posted by [OnewiththewilD]:
    well the top piece is obviously a finely rendered dragonfly effigy, skillfully worked by experienced hands out of the finest quality aluminum. that one belongs in a museum IMO.

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    I woild buy this mower!

Need more info?

How do you explain mark of winged caveman?

Not a joke, for sure!

I thought the same, too until I saw the marks on the piece, which can only be primitive.

I don't think it belibgs in 'off the wall'. This piece is made with arrowheads bearing all the marks of being primitive.

Posted by [JoshinMO]:
    Trollin? Funny topic.

Posted by [GarScale]:
    You had me at Aoudad! Find out what this stuff is worth. I can get a bunch more and ill split the profit with you. Scrap yard might buy that aluminum. Maybe 50 or 60 cents worth but I can say for sure without something for scale.

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    primitive multipurpose arrowheads
    This aluminum is not your usual aluminum and this is an artifact

What's funny?

We might have something. How can you get a bunch more?

Posted by [JoshinMO]:

daffyduck wrote:
    What's funny?

The seriousness of the TOPIC. But hey, I like it.

Posted by [Chase]:

daffyduck wrote:
    I don't think it belibgs in 'off the wall'. This piece is made with arrowheads bearing all the marks of being primitive.

Well the dilemma is that it does not fit into any other categories we have.....I do have one that is not seen by the members or the none registered users of the site. I can put it in there its called the Trash Can. But then I would lose all my fun of watching what other members have to say about your ....errrr hmmmmm trash.
    I really don't want to be rude..... but these are not artifacts of any primitive culture....well unless you want to include members of a frat party throwing away there beer cans into a fire.

Posted by [rmartin]:
    What is funny is the fact that if you believe anything here is remotely an Ancient artifact you are disillusioned. This thread is just about to be ended. Native Americans DID NOT work aluminum in any way!

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    Dude, im not being serious. I found those things in an area known for indian artifact. I think its a very cool one that shows superior hunting skilks.

You are mistaken. I found those things in an area well known for infian artifacts and this piece bears all the marks.

Posted by [JoshinMO]:
    But before its gone. Click image for larger version

Name:	grave.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	199226

Posted by [arrow719]:

Name:	picard-facepalm-o.gif
Views:	101
Size:	703.7 KB
ID:	199227

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    Evolution!

Posted by [GarScale]:
    You might just have the missing link in the peopling of the Americas. That aluminum Aoudad had to have been made by an ancient ancestor that came from the Barbary islands. That's where Aoudad were until the mid 1950s I believe.
    Im pretty sure I know you from somewhere.... Hey whats the shiny thingies in the center? Also, is that flying arrowhead an airplane effigy? maybe made by someone that saw a UFO!

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    Thanks garscale. I dont think people would believe I made this myself and try to pass it as an artifact. Very courageous were these people from the Barbary.

Maybe someone that saw a ufo. But, given the history of the area: used to be an ocean there, auodad, caprocks. It is most likely multipurpose hunting tool (bait) built after a dragonfly or alien ship

Posted by [GarScale]:
    Ahhhhh....like a Paleo buzz bait!

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    Exactly. I am thinking the arrowheads making the bait can be disassembled into individual pieces for hunting deer, auodad, bison, buffalo.
    They can then be reassembled into bait for catching big fish.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Posted by [chase]:

daffyduck wrote:
    Thanks garscale. I dont think people would believe I made this myself and try to pass it as an artifact. Very courageous were these people from the Barbary.

I would have said you had made it....accept I think you lost your Crayola's for the coloring book and did not have the blue prints to finish it.
    So...what do you want? cause I have this urge to end this. permanently!

Name:	BANHAMMER_GONENIGGA_11b8cb_4053140.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	199229

Posted by [GarScale]:

daffyduck wrote:
    How do you explain mark of winged caveman?

I missed this one. do you have closeups? I squinted but all I could see was a gal in a bikini.

Posted by [GarScale]:

daffyduck wrote:
    Exactly. I am thinking the arrowheads making the bait can be disassembled into individual pieces for hunting deer, auodad, bison, buffalo.

Like GAR????????

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    I was on this site to discuss my finding with other members and maybe more. Did Not mean no disrespect

Posted by [chase]:

daffyduck wrote:
    GarScale wrote:
    Like GAR???????? Click image for larger version

Name:	shhh_dont_encourage_the_crazy_print-r873e0f4d8c584235883048b71d142235_xhva_8byvr_512.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	199230

Posted by [painshill]:
    Flying arrowhead eh?
    Yes, those are well-documented but extremely rare artefacts. Contemporary illustrations give us some insight into their possible use:

Name:	FlyingFish.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	199231

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    Thanks guys. I now have a pretty good idea what I have.

Seriously, are u an investor? It is worth a lot- very rare piece.

Posted by [CMD ]:

daffyduck wrote:
    Need more info?

Do the archaeologists in your region know when the Aluminum Age commenced there? I know here in the Northeast it arrived sometime in the 20th century.
    I did know a man who was stationed as an airman at the Roswell Air Base in Roswell, NM when the "flying saucer crash", now memorialized every year, happened in 1947. One of the "crash" cleanup crew smuggled a piece of the aluminum-like material into the barracks. They could not burn it, they could not cut it. Rolled up in a tight ball they could do, but it immediately would unfurl to perfectly flat, all wrinkles from folding it gone! True story, I knew the guy. Dennis was his name and I loved hearing a first hand account of that famous mystery. Such an iconic event, it was a honor knowing one of the airman witnesses.

If your aluminum has the same characteristics as the Roswell "saucer" material, it could be the remnant pieces of an earlier UFO crash which the natives realized could be utilized for advanced weapons. Conversely, it's possible kachina spirits from the Pleiades star cluster(the seven sisters) may have established a trade network with natives in your area. Although the Age of Aluminum did not add a great deal to existing native weaponry, if your material is actually the alien material encountered at Roswell, your pieces could date far earlier, as the Pleiadian kachinas have been contacting certain native groups for thousands of years. However, if so, the material probably was salvaged from one of their crashed crafts, as they generally frowned on the practice of sharing advanced weaponry with human beings.

An extraordinary find and I would send photos and find description to the Smithsonian at this point. Pre-Aluminum Age weapons of that sort are quite rare, and are both alien artifacts in a sense as well as Native weaponry.

Posted by [painshill]:

daffyduck wrote:
    Seriously, are u an investor? It is worth a lot- very rare piece.

Yes. I know what it's worth! I'll open the bidding at a million Crumbos.

Name:	crumbo-money 1.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	199232

Posted by [Adena]:
    All of you guys need to chip in a few bucks to get me a new keyboard 'cause mine has ice tea all over it from all the laughs I've gotten from this thread. :rolf:

Posted by [GarScale]:
    OH ,man, I could hardly wait to get home and check this thread. Were those items found in a cache or scattered?

Posted by [daffyduck]:
    I will give u more info this weekend. Can't think right now. Busy working.

Busy working. Will get back to you this weekend.

Posted by [Ron Kelley]:
    Hey Daffy, I would bet that you're a model. Have you ever worked for any well known cartoonists?

Posted by [GarScale]:

daffyduck wrote:
    Busy working. Will get back to you this weekend.

You are just "Ducking" then questions.

Posted by [Olden]:

Name:	DuckSeason.gif
Views:	266
Size:	961.1 KB
ID:	199233

Name:	Womp.png
Views:	129
Size:	795.2 KB
ID:	199234

Posted by [JoshinMO]:
    lol roger :laugh:

Posted by [painshill]:
    My bid of a million Crumbos is looking good I think. I’m pretty sure the arrowhead is Cola culture and since it was found near Snyder, Texas it must post-date the tribe’s great migration from their homeland of Atlanta, Georgia. I would think it's a dart point for the atlatl rather than an arrowhead as such. Here’s an atlatl loop excavated by Dr Pemberton in the late 1800’s from the same area and made from similar material:

Name:	RingPull.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	199235

Without associated pottery, it’s difficult to say whether it’s from the pre-Aspartame period… but I’m prepared to take a chance on that. It's definitely the "real thing".

Name:	Pre-Aspartame.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	199236
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Posted by [CMD ]:

painshill wrote:
      "My bid of a million Crumbos is looking good I think"

Roger, when you lowball someone, don't count your chickens! If it were me, I'd almost feel insulted with such an offer. Let's put a true ceiling on this extraordinary artifact!
      I bid 2 million Crumbos! (Which I'll need to "borrow" from you, Roger. I don't think we print them in the states)

Posted by [Olden]:
      Two million Crumbos! Charlie, that's crazy talk man - it's just the heat of the auction: splash your face with some cool water!

Some nice early examples there Rog, but little is being said about the Viking connection. In their need to rape, pillage and just make pretty metal items, they pushed westward looking for that mythical 'River of Dryice' which was said to contain many a cool running Ford. From there, they could launch their attacks upon the unsuspecting populace that traveled the animal trail known as 666 (in later, more civilized times a 6 was dropped , to defray the cost of trail signs). Even today their battle cry of 'What's In Your Wallet!' can still be heard. A few examples of the fine Viking skills in early metallurgy:

Name:	VikingCCOfferingBowl.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	199238

Name:	VikingTradeBasket.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	199239

Posted by [CMD ]:
      Olden, my friend. You know I have all the respect in the world for your reasoning ability and always thoughtful replies. But, in all honesty, you just don't know enough about the Native-Pleiades connection. That material clearly is closely related to the material found at the Roswell flying saucer crash site. Except for all the crinkles. We just don't know yet if thousands of years of environmental conditions would make it resemble our more common aluminum.
      I can't, and won't, rule out Vikings. After all, their artifacts have been found in all 50 states. One Icelandic researcher believes what we know call Rhode Island was "New Iceland". He has identified, from photo, one of the typical and ubiquitous foundations in our woods as the foundations of a Medieval Icelandic church! (Seriously, there's only so much of this commentary I can take off the top of my head! Valdimar Samuelsson is the researcher, google it, lol)

Posted by [chase]:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=0N90D68_NfQ

Posted by [JoshinMO]:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=c_r35aOhZ-M
      Just joshen!

Posted by [painshill]:

CMD wrote:
      Olden, my friend. You know I have all the respect in the world for your reasoning ability and always thoughtful replies. But, in all honesty, you just don't know enough about the Native-Pleiades connection. That material clearly is closely related to the material found at the Roswell flying saucer crash site. Except for all the crinkles. We just don't know yet if thousands of years of environmental conditions would make it resemble our more common aluminum.
      I can't, and won't, rule out Vikings. After all, their artifacts have been found in all 50 states. One Icelandic researcher believes what we know call Rhode Island was "New Iceland". He has identified, from photo, one of the typical and ubiquitous foundations in our woods as the foundations of a Medieval Icelandic church! (Seriously, there's only so much of this commentary I can take off the top of my head! Valdimar Samuelsson is the researcher, google it, lol)

Olden is quite correct that the Vikings did indeed discover Texas during the voyages of "Thorbob the Flatulent" but never really settled there. The food was not to their liking apparently (portions too small).

Name:	VikingsinTexas.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	199240

Despite that, and their known use of "alooominum" (according to America's charming interpretation of the rules of spelling and pronunciation for our English words) it just doesn't have the quality of workmanship for which Viking artefacts are renowned.

Name:	Viking.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	199241

Posted by [GarScale]:
      Painshill, Im not nearly as edumacated as you but I think you are wrong on this one. Had that one been associated with the Atlanta migration,(Commonly known as the Schlitz era)which was marked by a lifestyle of surviving long travels on malt liquor alone. It would have more likely have been pull tab. . That one appears to be more closely associated with a slightly later period named after the famous scientist Budifoundittho commonly known as Redneckolithic.

Posted by [Ron Kelley]:
      Hey Daffy Duck, I have done some research and have some real help for you (physical not mental). The local recycle center pays a whoppin three cents per ounce for some of the material you have posted. Now here is a REAL economical tip for your valuable material: It would cost more for gasoline to drive to the center than the material would bring so... My advice would be for you to WADDLE on over there and cash in.

Posted by [Olden]:
      I think the Americas "aluminium" must be thicker..
      Thanks to Charlie informing me of the Native-Pleiades connection and the Roswell artifacts, I'm taking my research in a new direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=j1Q9ppPPHjU

Posted by [daffyduck]:
      Forget going to smithsonian to authenticate. I believe I have enough here to do that myself:
      1. I found small aluminim nuggets along with artifact
      2. A bait that looks like a smal pig featuring a pointy tail seemingly used as lure
      3. A bait that mimics a small bird with a loop seemingly used to attach a line
      4. One wing shows some kind of horned animal climbing into a three dimensional black hole
      5. Dents on the piece that depict footprints leading to a winged human figure etched in the piece
      6. One wing ressembles a fish and the other a auodad
      7. Detachable so pieces can be used as arrowheads when needed and when assembled, it can be used as bait for big fish
      8. Shape of peace is like a caprock or one layer of rock over the other
      There is more. I'll have more pictures soon.

MR. DUCK, you sir are as looney as a toon.

Posted by [daffyduck]:
      Thanks. Also, there is a spot on the tail for a standing aluminum figure that is either overseeing the animal going into the hole or going for a ride. The figure is in the form of a small aluminum nugget.

try tapping yerself on the top of the head with it for about a half hour,perhaps that'll help give you further insight into its mystery's.

Posted by [daffyduck]:
      No need to do that! I know its mystery. The ancients saw a ufo hunting on horned animals and they used the resources available to them to describe that. They learned to become superb hunters themselves

Posted by [chase]:
      Okay Duck., since you joined the forum this has been the only topic you have posted to. Everyone has had their laughs and now its time for this thread to be locked. Rap this up for it will soon be locked. This is an Artifact forum, not a UFO forum. Time is over for discussion on this subject.

Comment

Working...
      X