Sidelined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidelined

Blew my knee out (ACL and MCL) snow skiing this weekend (Keystone Co). Terrible timing; they are starting to work fields and my favorite gravel bar hasn't been checked since we had that last 8in rain. Maybe Ill show my dad where it is and make him check it. Anyways, no finds from me for a while.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2786.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	199561 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2790.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	199562

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it will not be to long before you are able to get out again.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

That is a tough break man. I hope you heal up fast.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

sorry to hear that
        i know what its like, i blew my acl about 20 years ago when i was in kick boxing
        sorry to say its gonna be a while before you can get back out

i was in the greatest shape of my life when i blew mine out
        took about 12 weeks after surgery before i could walk decent again,and another year before i was comfortable on long walks

do your rehab as the doctors tell you
        dont scimp on it,the more you listen to them the better and quicker you will recover
        the excersizes hurt like hell at first but in the long run they were well worth the pain

but your knee will never be 100% again,after all these years mine is about 85-90%
        still get worried when i jump

im not going to kid you ether,after the surgery the next couple of weeks was the worstt pain i have ever felt
        i think a lot of it was due to the immobilizer i had to wear
        the leg cramps,the inability to get comfortable t sleep
        but on the up side a have some screws in my knee and i got a really cool knee brace
        on my way to being bionic lol

Comment

• OBION
          OBION commented
          Editing a comment
          Your advice is spot on from what I've learned from other ACL patients. I'm going to do a lot of PT before surgery.

Hey Dylan, Your health is important. Take care and heal fast my friend.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hate to hear that. I have a sister that tore both of hers at different times playing basketball. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Comment

Dylan, tough luck fellow. Don't us guys have all kinds of fun when we are out playing. Hope your healing goes as fast as possible. I also hope it hasn't hurt your ability to work and make a living. If it seems what I remember from your recent biography your work doesn't require you to do any Superman stuff like "leaping tall buildings at a single bound".

Comment

• OBION
              OBION commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes sir, I'm able to sit and do exams. Though my nurses and my wife are already tired of all my requests.

Isn't the saying " Pay to Play "? Also hope you heal quickly too.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That's sucks man. I know this prolly wont help but think about the thousands of years those points lay abandoned. They will always be there when you get back out. Hope you get on your feet soon
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• OBION
                OBION commented
                Editing a comment
                Man that's a good way to think about it!

Hehehe I have a site there it is in walking distance. Oh my bad!Sorry dude!Hope it heals soon!
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Ahh. My Sister blew her knee out 5 years ago on a Colorado Christmas Ski Vactation. Hope you mend Fast my friend!

Comment

Hate to see your bad fortune, hope you recover quickly. Take this time to really examine that big ol lost lake you found few months back. Take care and heal well.

Comment

Hoping for a speedy recovery friend! One bright side is it should make for plenty of study time, better order a few good books. Get well soon!
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
                    X