our new addition to the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our new addition to the family

well the wife was telling me she wanted to get a dog as it would make her feel safer at home when i am gone overnights in the semi.
    i said how much safer can you be.
    you have a 9mm on your night stand,theres a .45 acp on mine and another .45 acp on the stand by the bedroom door.
    well then she gave me those puppy dog eyes so i said fine,but were getting a rescue.
    i told her years ago that if we were ever to get a dog i wanted a boxer.

we looked around and found this guy at a local rescue.
    hes originally from arkansas,hes previous owner passed away and he was moved from shelter to shelter until he made it to Mn.
    hes 7 years old and very well behaved,just a big baby really.
    his previous owner named him Bomber,so we are sticking with that name as it is what he seems to respond to.

our cats have been cautiously curious about him. they have not hissed at him and he has not marked at them.but our main coon did bitch slap him the other night to show him who the king of the house is lol

any how here he is

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3353.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	229617

That is awesome what a handsome looking dog too. Congrats
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

thanks Hoss

hes getting spoiled already
      the day we picked him up he got a day at the spa
      bath,rub down,nails clipped,teeth brushed(his breath could have knocked flies off of a manure spreader)
      then he got a nice bed and toys,plus a leash and a killer black leather collar with spikes on it
      and a quick check up at the vet.
      he doesnt like to jump up into my little ford escape,so i built ramp for him

then we found out he doesnt care too much for our cooler days we have been having here( upper 30's for lows),after all he is used to the weather in Arkansas
      so we went out and bought him a coat,reversible, camo on one side and blaze orange on the other

our pets are like our kids were when they were young

spoiled rotten,and yet well disciplined

Comment

If he takes to your wife she will be as safe as she could be while you are away. Boxers make great family pets and they are loyal to a fault.
        No one will get near your wife unless she wants them to because he will be between them and her.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

thanksBruce

hes taken a liking to all of us,but me for the most part.
          he lays at the foot of the bed,on my side,likes to lay on a pile of my dirty cloths
          he also likes to lay in my chair when im gone

dont know if hes going to make a good watch dog or not
          hes a bit of a chicken,maybe its just because hes been through so much in the last 2 months since his previous owner passed away

i think once he gets fully adjusted,he will be a good protector for her while im gone at night

Comment

Hey Tim, That's a good looking Boxer. And the date on the picture is right. LOL I just realized that the time on my trail cam is way off.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

thanks Ron
              every one that sees him says he gorgeous

ha ha ,ya i finally broke down and fixed the date in my camera.got tired of telling people to ignore the date

Comment

When I die, I want to come back as a rescue boxer at your house!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice!
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Cool. Only dog I ever owned, as a child, was a female Boxer named Cookie....
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Glad yall found a good rescue dog in need of a home! Nice to know those guys don't always get forgotten about. Everyone usually always wants a pup... Good looking boxer! Thanks for sharing!
                      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

thanks guys

hes adapting well to our family,and our cats are slowly adapting to having him around too

i always insist on getting rescue pets.
                        older pets still need loving homes just like the puppies and kitties do

nice thing is hes so well trained as far as going potty,he walks to the door and whimpers when he needs to go out.stops for cars when out for a walk.
                        he knows what the lash is for,you grab it and hes right there wagging his tail and wanting to go for a walk.
                        he already knows which house is ours and when hes tired of walking he will lead you back to the house

but we are trying to figure out how to get him to sit and stay on command
                        but we will get him there sooner or later,even if we need to take him to some training classes

Comment

Working...
                        X