Museum of Rocks that look like faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Museum of Rocks that look like faces

Came across this link, thought it was cool. What's great about these folks is atleast they know there Rocks are just Rocks. Lol. Only rule to be in the museum is that the face must only be crafted by mothernature... They've got some good ones from the looks of it.
    In Chichibu, Japan, two hours northwest of Tokyo, there’s an odd museum; perhaps the only one of its kind. It’s called the Chinsekikan (which means Hall of Curious Rocks) and it houses over 1700 rocks that resemble human faces. The museum houses all kinds of jinmenseki, or rock with a human face, including celebrity lookalikes like Elvis Presley. And according to a 2013 post on Kotaku, there are also movie and video game character rocks like E.T., Donkey Kong and Nemo. More
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

How could he possibly know for sure? The guy had a passion for rocks which I respect. This is a neat post with cool pictures but?

Von
    Last edited by Von; 11-14-2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Josh, thanks for the link. those are really cool looking rocks.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Neat. Here's my best one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr_Grumpy.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	231431

​I did actually find this in association with late Neolithic artefacts, so I'm not ruling out the possibility that someone from that era was as amused by it as I was. But it is completely natural and unmodified.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol that's a good one Roger! Museum worthy obviously! The possibility of being a manuport adds interest, sad Neolithic man?? Lol
      Working...
      X