Earthquake in Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake in Virginia

5.9. About 87 miles sw of D.C. Felt at least as far north as Boston, as far west as Detroit. Did you feel it? If so, tell us about it!
    Rhode Island

Well I was to far away to feel it. But I hope it shakes up Washington in a positive way. Now they can atleast have common ground to start with.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

chase wrote:

Well I was to far away to feel it. But I hope it shakes up Washington in a positive way. Now they can atleast have common ground to start with.
      LOL.  Thanks, Chase, I was thinking the same thing!
      Rhode Island

Comment

Just talked to my brother in N/E Tn. about a mile from Va. state line. Said they did not feel it there.
        Joe.

Comment

[QUOTE]CMD wrote:

Originally posted by chase post=24756
            LOL. Since it was about 90 miles away, I am sure that they will say it was no fault of their own on not comming together.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I have felt them in CT before but not this time I was sort of surprised they said it shook them in Hartford and a friend in Redding said he felt it. I am 60 miles west of Hartford and 35 miles east of Redding. Maybe I was napping! I did get bad news about my truck battery had to by a new one today. Kinda sucks. I am sure the old girl likes the way it makes here spin now! LOL
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Felt throughout RI, but the wife and I noticed nothing.  East coast quakes are felt much more widely then west coast, but who feels them and who doesn't is apparently pretty random.  I felt one epicentered in Quebec years ago, just thought it was a big semi rumbling by the house.
              Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

[quote=CMD post=24759]
                Originally posted by chase post=24756
                  LOL. Since it was about 90 miles away, I am sure that they will say it was no fault of their own on not comming together.
                  What's more, they'll probably blame each other for the quake!
                Rhode Island

Comment

We had one here in CO too!  It was down in Trinidad, a 5.3.  We didn't feel it here since we're on the other side of the continental divide.  I agree with you there Chase, those quacks in Washington can't decide who's poop smells worse...

Comment

My son-in-law felt it in Heath, OH, 30 miles East of Columbus.  He said it shook a glass on his desk and trembled office.  That's all I know.

Comment

I was at work and didnt feel it but many people did. Charlie! Did you get my message back to ya? Not sure its working. :dry:

Comment

I was with my family in Mass. at six flags, didn't feel it there but my neighbor in southern Ct. said he was in his parked car and it started to sway...said it was real cool!
                        Southern Connecticut

Comment

I was hoping to hear from our Virginia members.  Maybe they're still picking up the pieces.  LOL.
                          My sister from Attleboro, Ma was in an office meeting and the pc monitor started to slide off the table, which was itself rocking back and forth.  She was thrilled to have experienced it.  Of course, they're all laughing at us on the west coast, but it was the largest east coast event since 1897. Geologist from California said it was a once in 100 year event for east coast.  If the big one comes for the "east" it will likely be the New Madrid, Mo. fault zone. Yesterday's event was felt in 22 states, indicative of how broadly felt east coast quakes can be.
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Only 125 miles from the center, we probably got 5.2 here. It rattled frames and anything loose, and made me sit down. I was watching drillers drill my water well, and they were down 120 feet, so I thought they'd hit something bad. It shook about 15 seconds, then later a few second aftershock.
                            Probably once-in-a-lifetime for most!

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

I was at work and didnt feel it but many people did. Charlie! Did you get my message back to ya? Not sure its working. :dry:
                                No I didn't Mark.  PM'd you in our old soapstone PM thread early AM Wed. but take it you didn't get it :dry:
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X