Stinging Texas Irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinging Texas Irony

So I've spent 3 or 4 hours each day for the past week looking for artifacts on a scrubby Texas ranchette. I've been moving rocks and crawling under brush and generally getting right out amongst all the bugs and critters. And after all that, I get stung by a scorpion while I'm in bed.

Texas just can't do anything normal.
    I used to be young and foolish. Not so young any more.

Ouch! That stings!
    South Dakota

Comment

• Limestoned
      Limestoned commented
      Editing a comment
      On the plus side, it was almost time to wake up anyway.

Hey Limestoned, I hope that pain is short lived. Perhaps this could be a life-saver. I bet you will be even more cautious about where you place your hands while out hunting the property.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Limestoned
      Limestoned commented
      Editing a comment
      The pain's not so bad with this species. Striped bark scorpion, I think. And you're right, it's never bad to be reminded that being cautious is survivor behavior.

Lol, your gonna fit right in around here man!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Limestoned
      Limestoned commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! It seems like a cool place. (I especially like Hoss's tutorials.) Hope to have some points to show soon.

I would have moved to Antarctica after that! The downside is that there are no arrowheads, coins, relics, bottles, shark teeth, snakes or trains to keep me happy. (yes, I love snakes.)
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Havenhunter
      Havenhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you say trains? Model or full size?

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Both. I am a "railfan" and a model railroader

🦂 ouch
    Child of the tides

Comment

Used to get those critters in my clothes when I lived in Florida, especially when baling hay. I took Benadryl to help with the swelling and burning from a scorpion sting. These were the smaller brown scorpions, not the poisonous ones. They kinda come with the territory, like rattlesnakes and copperheads.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I am seeing snakes in this picture .. bushes ? Be careful .
        i went to an orchid farm on an invite . Of course I picked up a beautiful species ... put it next to my bed to enjoy it.
        wake up to feeling like an electrical shock on my leg out of a dead sleep that night .
        rip back the sheet to see a 7 in centapide with it stingers latched into my calf .
        It piggy backed on the plant deep in the moss .
        Yeah that was lovely .

Comment

Working...
        X