Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins

i think i have mentioned it before
    but i have been very very busy trying to get a small business up and running

after some months of getting things together,and jumping thru some bureaucratic hoops,and spending a small fortune.
    i am finally able to start my own gun training business

its taken many months,a bunch of training and a few certifications and an approval from the MN BCA but its finally official

i am ready to start training people to get their Mn permit to carry.also i can teach NRA basic pistol course any where in the country.

just designed and ordered my business cards and pens yesterday.(wife was a big help with that,plus a lot of other computer stuff)

i have my first class scheduled for the 23rd of this month. it will be just friends and family.which i think is a good way to get it started and for me to get used to speaking in front of a group of people(i actually dislike public speaking,but this is at least something i can talk for hours about)

so far i have about 7 people confirmed for class,but would like to have at least 20.dont think its going to be much of an issue to get them there.
    i really hope that this pans out for me and maybe even leads to a whole new career.

i would say wish me luck,but i believe we make our own luck by putting effort into the things we do.

but any how, WISH ME LUCK

Hey Tim, I certainly do wish you good luck in your new business venture.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hope everything works out well for you and your business.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Good luck! You can do it, we believe in you. I have a friend, that is a former green beret and current govt contractor, who is trying to get a gun range and training academy started around here.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Good luck Tim .. American dream man ur own business
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Good luck Sneaky!
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats Tim!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats and good luck, Tim! That is exciting. A whole new realm of worries and problems await after all that work! There are SO MANY courses for CC here (Urban @ 1 Million/County) that they are fighting each other and they are having low price wars. I've seen that when one person gets their CC permit then their friends and family go get theirs. That can spread like tree roots. In my case when I took the course (with one friend), 3 friends and my wife took it right after. Then a few of my wife's friends took it as well as friend's friends. I don't know how "deep" that went but it was good for that shop. We watched a slide show, a few very short clips, then we shot a couple of dum dums inside a classroom, not a firing range. I don't think it took 2 hours.... $45. I just checked and it's now $40. That's about the same price for a spinal adjustment....how many per day/week does it take to pay the bills?.....gawd. Keep overhead LOWEST you can. Mom always said You Gotta Start Young if You're Gonna Stick it Out! If you were closer I'd take your course as a refresher right away boom.
                Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Good luck on your new venture Tim. I think there are going to be more and more people feeling the need to be able to handle a weapon.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Luck be with ye Mr Tim ! I’d get plenty of snap caps to train on for those who’ve never handled a firearm.Im a Colt collector.I know there are better firearms these days, I just like the fact that they keep going up in value! JJ
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                        sneakygroundbuzzard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ya colt isnt what they used to be,but i wish i had a couple of the older ones in my collection.but they are pricey now,like you said they keep going up in value.

for those that have no firearm experience,i am an NRA certified pistol instructor so i also offer NRA basic pistol instruction for those that want to learn how to properly handle and shoot a firearm before they try for their permit to carry. i can teach the NRA class any where in the country.
                        i cant make them take this course before they try for their permit(as its is their right to own and carry) but i will recommend that they take it first.
                        the only way one can really fail at the live fire exercise for the permit to carry is by being careless with the fire arm.so knowing the basics of gun safety is must and is what the NRA class focuses on.

and yes snap caps are on the list of must haves.

• Lindenmeier-Man
                        Lindenmeier-Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds great ! If things keep going left I think everyone will need to own and possibly carry. I usually am one of the guys that carry at church I’m sad to say...

So what state is this business in? My high school buddy does something like that he is retired army
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                        Editing a comment
                        its for Minnesota permit to carry,however my NRA instructor certification allows for me to teach the NRA basic pistol course in any state.

• SurfaceHunter
                        SurfaceHunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He was in the Night Hawks now he teaches everything as a contract type of thing for the army. He lives in Tennessee

Good luck Tim . One idea I have for you is my friend bought a beautiful gun shop in Idaho and have been going through her growing pains . Here ya go ....
                      You could contact your local family or small gun shop and drop off your card . That could be immediate business for you.
                      Also of course all the gun shows in your area and so on .
                      With social media start your own Facebook page just for this business . New young people staring out love this stuff .
                      nothing like a happy customer passing on the good experience with great pictures .
                      It’s a new world out there in marketing so grab it by the horns , sounds like your wife would be a great help here .

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                        Editing a comment
                        thanks Tam.
                        yup,i already plan on taking some business cards to the local gun shops,including Scheels. the guys there no me by name and seem to like me.probably because i buy so much there.
                        i do have a FB page,in case any of you that are on FB and want to check it out. its The Right of the People,which is also my business name.if you do take a look at it and would like to give me some feed back,instead of posting feedback on the page you can email me at therightofthepeople1776@gmail.com

Tagging in what Tom said 👍

Comment

Good luck Tim
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                      X