Round O' Robins = Spring is Springing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round O' Robins = Spring is Springing

Take heart Northens! Babies are fledged and huge flocks descend on the birdbath and berry trees (laurel oaks durn them) LOLOL Up to 10 at one time in the bath. Tiny finches were taking showers under the birdbath from all the splashing. Purple poop spots everywhere this morning. Won't be long til some of you see them, too.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Aww that's a cool pic... Our ice is melting Robin's our state bird
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• tomclark
      tomclark commented
      Editing a comment
      They are getting ready to head to your place. We don't see them at all in Summer and only for a few weeks, if that, in Spring, and they'll be gone soon in fact I didn't see them yet today... They must migrate somewhere else than here and there lol.

Good to see that Tom. I have to thaw out my bird bath nearly every day. My blue jay showed back up. Only problem with the blue jays are their young won’t shut up ! Here is the bad news. The Sandhill cranes are still here, they don’t seem to be thinking of heading north...Canadian geese are still here too....
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• tomclark
      tomclark commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG the jay chatter, it's constant here lolol. One of the fondest memories I have of my childhood is hearing Canada Geese honking and flying in formation WAY up there in the middle of the night. Lots of Canadians here but to geese, only geezers.

I haven't seen a living bird in who knows how long. It's great to see them out!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

The Canadian Geese must be heading back North .We have a pair on our pond for the past few days . Usually there's more than two but not this season Or at least not yet .
      South Carolina

Comment

That’s just not right or fair
        South Dakota

Comment

Ahhhh Tom I just love that pic . It’s sooo cool .
          ok blue jays are my buddies . I had a NA teach me to feed them and they would bring there babies to me . Yep had them eating out of my hand . Later in my 20’s kept it up and she had them lined up waiting for me to come home . They would hear the click click of my high heels and start chirping with their mouth open . Their food ticket was home . 7 babies how could that mama do it ?
          How could I resist .

Comment

Working...
          X