Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What music have you been listening too lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music have you been listening too lately?

With summer vacation underway I’ve had more time to kick back, enjoy the outdoors, put a little focus on my health, and a big focus on fishing and arrowheading!

Naturally one of my best uses of time has been listening to music!

Ive been told i’m a 70’s music man, but I really enjoy just about anything. Lately I’ve been listening to some Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Phish, The Steve Miller band, the Beatles, James Taylor, Alabama! Whatever really comes to mind, I like most types of music. Rap/hip hop is ok, I just don’t love it.

What have you been been listening to? Any recommendations?
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

More Dead and Phish boom lol
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Just listened to Dave Berry- The Crying Game.".......no, NOT Boy George! LOL
      Fayette County, southern Illinois

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen a picture of boy george once. There is no un-seeing that.

Hmm, I'm very picky but like a wide range. Depends on what mood I'm in, I'll list a few.

Philip Glass is amazing, check out metamorphosis 1-4, pruit igoe or glassworks, all amazing compositions.

I like Bach, Erik Satie, of course Beethoven and many others.

I listen to a lot of classic rock too, Stones, Zep, tons of others.

I do listen to some hip hop but usually more obscure stuff. El-P comes to mind, he is very unique and talented, and does all his own production.

Here's Pruit Igoe, do yourself a favor and listen to the whole piece, it gets the blood pumping.

Comment

Anything but country I’m listening to rap right now but also enjoy some southern rock
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
          -=METACOM=- commented
          Editing a comment
          Buddy, I couldn't agree more, give me a break indeed.

• tomclark
          tomclark commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL no Country...err..."City boys and girls, singing stereotypical lyrics in a twang" LOLOL fer me, either. Now I do like my BlueGrass but that ain't Pop Country

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          So you guys don’t like Gangster or Monster rap? I use to go to the Mosh pit at the clubs now that was fun 😀

U-2.
        SW Connecticut

Comment

ZZ TOP.

Anything 80's I'll go for it. I like the 50's too. ZZ Top is my favorite band to listen to though.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I like ZZ Top they are southern rock. Just no country
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Well, I'll listen to almost anything at least once. My main overall genre is rock. I know, I know, that is a very vague description and a very large genre with a seemingly endless list of sub-genres. Since you asked for recent listens, I'll give you the short list.
              The White Stripes/Jack White
              The Pixies
              Dinosaur Jr.
              The Mountain Goats(one of my favorite bands)
              T.Rex (highly recommend, start with the album "The Slider)
              Neil Young
              Jeffrey Lewis(king of the new york anti-folk scene)
              AJJ(previously known as Andrew Jackson Jihad)
              Shana Cleveland(debut album is a killer hauntingly spooky folk masterpiece)
              I could keep going but it would be a long list and I said I'd keep it short. I highly recommend all of these artists.
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Man Andrew.i recognize Neil Young only. I love Neil Young. ...I play his stuff on my guitar for 50 yrs now ..haha

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve never heard of them either but I just listen to whatever is on the radio I’ve never bought a record, tape, cd or anything like that in my life. I’m sure that sounds crazy but it’s true

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Red, I'm sure you've heard T.Rex before, their big song on the radio here in the states was "Bang a gong". Marc Bolan, the lead guitarist and frontman for T.Rex was a huge inspiration on Bowie and many other bands in the 70s.
                I'd bet you've probably heard The White Stripes too, their most recognizable song is "Seven Nation Army".
                I do love some Neil Young.
                Last edited by Broken Arrow; 06-24-2019, 09:41 PM.

Everything from Mozart to Metallica...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Come on Glen get out there in that 100 degree Georgia heat and find some rocks!

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                So, only bands that fall alphabetically in between Mo and Me?

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Red 😃

Originally posted by -=METACOM=- View Post
              Hmm, I'm very picky but like a wide range. Depends on what mood I'm in, I'll list a few.

Philip Glass is amazing, check out metamorphosis 1-4, pruit igoe or glassworks, all amazing compositions.

I like Bach, Erik Satie, of course Beethoven and many others.

I listen to a lot of classic rock too, Stones, Zep, tons of others.

I do listen to some hip hop but usually more obscure stuff. El-P comes to mind, he is very unique and talented, and does all his own production.

Here's Pruit Igoe, do yourself a favor and listen to the whole piece, it gets the blood pumping.

https://youtu.be/LF-YT5UhB9g
              Then add , ZZ , like Tom said good and I mean in a street bar Blues oh yeah ermmm Wayne he kills it .
              No rap of any kind ! Sorry surface hunter Teenagers can destroy pizza and some music for you .
              Something about anything with drums from Fleetwood with Tusks ( sp) to NA , African and throw in a flute I’ll be happy .

Comment

And for all of you that can’t stand dancing . We have figured out that yes the Barney goes with any song this world has to offer . We have laughed beyond words jumping up doing it from rap to hard rock where body Language becomes the norm.
                His shaky beat goes to it all .

Comment

• redrocks
                  redrocks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tam that episode was where the hillbilly girl wanted to marry Andy. And somehow she married her boyfriend and they had a bluegrass hoe down ...at the reception . Andy grabbed a guitar and started jamming with the hillbilly's. Wow. Ii don't know how I remembered that one

I saw Collective Soul play in a club one time I took my roommates girlfriend but that’s a different story 😉
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Credence Clearwater revival
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

I listen to about everything love old country but dislike new country. A lot of Dead some Hip Hop big on bluegrass. It's hot and I'm in a Reggae mood rolling with Alpha Blonde and Steel Pulse today. Who knows might be Floyd tomorrow?
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Working...
                    X