Having a bad day ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a bad day ?

Started 8AM , hit 2 sites, crops up ,nothing. Went to 2 of my best cricks, must of been a bank wash out up stream as everything silted over other crick nothing. Went to Dr. appt. $300.00 prescription . Came out and had a flat. Got out jack and went to spare on back and the jeep tire cover is gone, stolen I guess. Lug nuts were torqued at probably 300 ft lbs. damn tire store with their air hammer. Lug wrench slipped and hand went into well, finger hurt bad, back into Dr, x-ray, broken right pointer finger, cast. Called boy to change tire and he got hit at a stop sign by a drunk, no insurance naturally. slight rear damage. Got home finally and wife said "wash machine not working and smokes" called for a new one and cant deliver for 2 days. At this point I can't find any points, now can't knap points so figured to heck with it and plopped into easy chair and pulled recline lever, back went snap and reclined totally flat. It is 2:30 and 6-1/2 hours of jeez what did I do to deserve this day. Took a pain pill went to bed. Just got up and thought I'd see if any one can top this .Hope not.
    SE IA

Oh snap I can't beat that!!! Dayum!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Some days are better to stay in bed, hope tomorrow is brighter for you
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I’m sitting here waiting for Dorian but feeling better now after reading about your day. Durn!
        Child of the tides

Comment

• oldrocks2
          oldrocks2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck to you, I hope for the best for you.

That, sadly, is movie quality. I'm sorry about your misfortunes, but I hope it gets better!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• oldrocks2
          oldrocks2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chevy Chase would be a good star in those few hours. Worst other than the finger is my boys car is a new Camaro and my tire cover was custom made with Jeep above and a hardin under it. Nobody can use it as it's one of a kind.

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          AAUUGH! That sucks!

I don’t even know what to say ... Buddie tomorrow is another day and it can’t come anywhere near that turn of events .
        Your on the upswing from that day .
        MERCY

Comment

Dang! You aren't kidding. Hoping for a much better day for you tomorrow!
          South Carolina

Comment

You’re makin’ this up, right?

Hmmm, all can offer funny story and happy story:
            My right “bird” finger hurt badly few yrs back. Went doc told him thot had first arthritis weird place. He said was tendentious and put splint on it (those days rode my giant rocking horse bareback, and held on by twistin’ bird finger in mane). When driving w/ right hand steering, splint made look like flipping everybody bird. Cop pulled up beside me, but was ok coz knew him....lol
            Today, sent all my friends and acquaintances bragging pics of my very own, very special, very cool colorful coprolite...... first, asked if anyone had anything resembling it, then asked if could guess what was; played kinda short version 20-Questions game. Had good time, but think maybe texted folks didn't even know & just had ph # for some reason...!
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• oldrocks2
              oldrocks2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I was making it up. Glad you enjoyed the coprolite, hope you found the trilobite interesting. Did anyone guess the poo correct?

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              1)Trilobite in open box on nightstand by bed next to 2)Rock-w/Teeth which is either inverted Rugosa coral (convex coz cast, ....or it died w/mouth closed instead open!), or disc coral ctenactis enchinata (b/c those have “teeth”), or stony coral schleractinia, or tiny part rose coral manicina; 3) lil’ marine animal crinoid (arms & calyx? but usually just stem fossilized.....so I dunno); 4) an unknown animal (but working on id) kneecap; 5) sharks’ teeth (a) and (b); [6)Coprolite kept separate coz fragile-er]

Trilobite said to others “ I know who I am!” Feel free look at Rock w/Teeth pic (which drew hardly 0 interest) under fossil forum and tell me not coral at all....
              Last edited by Cecilia; 09-06-2019, 12:51 PM.

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh....P.S. no one came close w/ guessing Dino Do. Smartest godson guessed agate, which not bad. He brought me an axe head ? from Arizona. One day will post....

Been there, done that..Look on the bright side, no bullet holes but ya better get that washing machine pronto !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I hope to never come close to your day.😱
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

You deserve a real good hunt after a day like that! I’ve had a few like that. Not many. Heal up & go get em!

Comment

Sounds pretty bad I’ve had some rough ones but not like that. Hopefully you will be good for the rest of your life
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Dang it OR2, all that crap in one day makes for a miserable day for sure. So many different events to happen in one day has to be some kind of record. Guess I would've got out a bottle of JD or a good substitute and turned on some good George Jones drinking music. Having said that, I've had days that are much worse than that. Sometimes it only takes one bad thing to change your life forever. But if we live through it, it also takes only one good thing to change your life forever. It seems like luck whether good or bad seems to run in bunches. You've had enough bad luck that day to last for quite a while. Hopefully your next run of luck will all be good.

Comment

Sorry about your bad day! That’s too much for one day!
                      South Dakota

Comment

When it rains it pours. Those bad days will always make ya appreciate the better days though. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes and hopefully luck will turn your way.
                        SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Working...
                        X