• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fall Move

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_67341.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	394534 Going to new pasture...old style...
    Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 09-29-2019, 07:00 PM.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

What a view, hope you realize how lucky you are. Hate this city life.
    SE IA

Comment

Count my blessings daily...
      San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Very nice scenery ! I did a little research and if I’m correct, your in south central Colorado . I had a friend who lived in the area, a very nice lady, Deb Meyers. She collected artifacts all her life, was with her husband a potato farmer. They lived close to the national dunes monument . From my research, I’m placing you and yours close to that area. She had a outstanding collection of beautiful artifacts. Later in her life, she donated a kidney to her ex brother in law. She never fully regained her health afterward, and passed some time ago. As she was ill she auctioned off some of her artifacts to pay medical bills and I bought some with the intention of giving them back to her in person. Alas , she passed before I was able to do so...However, I was able to send her artifacts home when Chase, a member here who came to visit. He lives in Colorado, but travels the country in his work. I miss Deb , she was a wonderful person.I think she would be happy that I sent her artifacts back home with Miland Chase. One friend leaves, another comes into a persons life... JJ
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, I forgot to mention that I met Deb on this site as the internet was in its infancy . At that time Sam Williams established this site. We had a feature called “ Rock Talk.” Her site avatar was, ( ColoradoDeb )
          Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 09-30-2019, 08:17 AM. Reason: Sp

• Rio Del Norte
          Rio Del Norte commented
          Editing a comment
          You are correct, I'm in the San Luis Valley, home of the Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Monument. The Myers name is familier but I never knew Deb.
          Some very fine collections come from this area as the settlements go back to the early 1800s. Many of the big ranches are now in conservancy and no access which is good and shut down artifact collecting. I was lucky to get access back in the "good ole days".
      Working...
      X