My Favorite 2 Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Favorite 2 Words

Harvest and Disc it’s finally that time again. Just drove past the fields and they have started harvesting the cotton. Maybe in a week or 2 I can be walking and finding again. I’ve found some good ones out there Adenas all the way to Mississippian period. 😃
    NW Georgia,

Mine is “Storm’s coming!”
    Child of the tides

Comment

Might have a little rain they said I’m hoping for a lot instead
      NW Georgia,

Comment

That's exciting, SH! I have to wait until Jan 2nd. But I bet I'll sneak a few hunts in mid day soon. Hopefully, the rain is on the way.
        South Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been waiting trying to get some trees removed 6 of them. Every time I get close it rains a little. I don’t want their big trucks leaving ruts so I have to wait until it’s good and dry.

Creeks down. My favorite. Still all high here and crops still in so still in limbo here.
        SE IA

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the creeks to but leaves are dropping and with no rain it wouldn’t be good

• oldrocks2
          oldrocks2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have another 2 or 3 weeks here I hope before the leaves clog em up.

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Weather says starting next Friday rain for about 5 days so the leaves and hopefully some mud will wash off. Lots of mud and sand dropped last year in the creeks around me

Same here SH, cotton coming out and we had good wind today and the sand was moving ! I know you are, I’m ready too !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Weather is perfect right now. Looks like they are trying something different this year. Just as soon as they harvest they are running the disc behind same day on each field instead of harvest everything then coming back to disc. I hope they aren’t planting the cover crop the same day to. The field they were working on is my site frame the multi color black flint field. I don’t find a lot but when I do it’s usually a killer.

Here comes the rain hopefully it will rain harder than it is
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Got my wish it’s pouring and I’m in my truck on lunch

I’ll be in Georgia in Nov . Know a guy with a cotton field and hope he lets me walk it.
        Hunting season puts a damper on my artifact hunting .
        it’s all good ... can’t wait to be away from the crowds ..
        1 mil +on these tiny islands .

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          No doubt my town is growing due to Atlanta moving this way at a fast pace. So far I still have places to look but probably not in 10 years. I drove past the fields today but all of their equipment is sitting right where I wanted to go so maybe next week
      Working...
      X