• Show
Clear All

• Meet the dog

Click image for larger version

Name:	DA (1).jpg
Views:	304
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	428911

So here is our new puppy. German Short haired pointer. Her name is "Shasta" (obviously I didn't name this one), but I call her dog. I never really was or am a dog person. Never liked them. She isn't exactly winning me over by barking at my cat. (funny thing, that cat. She'll take one step forward, and hiss, and that dog will turn herself inside out to get away from the angry creature)

Never the less, she's here to stay. Now quit looking at me like that!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Handsome animal. Had a dog as a kid, loved her, was my best friend. We went everywhere together. Now that I'm older, I have to agree with you, dogs have become more of a nuisance. Have a neighbor with one that starts barking a 5am every day, one bit my kid and I've been cornered more than once while looking for artifacts by them. Not a popular option to not be a dog person, but it's true for me also.
    Central Ohio

Comment

She is beautiful ! I love dogs... TY for the pic Ethan ! We as humans would not be where we are today without our best friends...
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        “Just when Man thought he could not go on, God gave him Dog.”

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        That is true Cc !

Awww
      SW Connecticut

Comment

documented dog burial down Sarasota ways in fla.in woodland md. But I think paleos had em also..enjoy the journey
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Special dogs have a way of making not dog people into dog people. She's a beautiful pup, and if your a bird hunter you have the best in the world right there.

Comment

Hounds are good company ... give her a chance. At the moment all I have is a "hound cat" that follows me around the property like a dog, begs for treats and goes outside to use the bathroom. I am good with outside as the cat box.
            fldwlkr
            Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              That's how my cat works.

I've always liked snakes. I love em'. That's my ideal pet. I love my cat, but when I move out and get a job and my own place, you can bet I'm getting a snake of some kind.

She is a good lookin' pup! I've had dogs and cats most of my life but haven't found a more loyal companion than my Jack Russell Sadie.
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Shasta’s gonna get big, KP; thot you were scared big animals !? I got half a German Shorthair, Bella. She does run-by-nipping (you know, kinda like drive-by-shooting?) to strangers. But she hardly breaks the skin! Lol! She’s scared of people except for her Mom, and boy, she’s one of the smartest dogs I ever had!
              Enjoy! Everybody should have a dog....

P.S. I like snakes, too. Caught a baby rat snake yesterday, and gave it to neighbor for his yard since they got a Nat’l Wildlife Preserve rating (whatever that it).
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, not a fan of big animals, unless it's scaly.

Good dog you got there Ethan. Here’s a picture of my shorthair. She’s been with me for every arrowhead I ever found. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9BA2A108-794A-4780-8DE0-C3871AF443FD.jpeg
Views:	199
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	428949
              South Dakota

Comment

She's a beauty and look at the eye contact.
                Before long she'll be your best friend and want to do everything with you and the cat will be curled up and sleeping on the dog.
                Give her time, patience and good training and you will be surprised how attached the two of you will become.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That’s a beauty KP warm up to her .
                  your cat May be here best friend . Had a Shepard like that and a little 6 week old Siamese .
                  best friends for life .

Comment

I've heard cats don't wait till you're cold to eat you when you die...but dogs will wait several days! Now that is unconditional love!
                    North Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
                      Cecilia commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And your kids start eating you before you die.......lol(?)

• utilized flake
                      utilized flake commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like the way you see things Mrs Cecilia!!

Nice looking dog. I didn't want another after my other 2 died but some how dogs love me. They must know I'm the king of the house. Now I can't think of being without the one I've got sleeping in my lap right now. She is so sweet and shows so much love and joy. I like cats to but with dogs I believe it wouldn't go so well.
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

She's a beauty Ethan. I want another dog so I think I will get a rescue this summer. I'm definitely a dog person.
                      South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                      X