Be Thankful & Be Safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, keep safe everyone.

I read something extraordinary a couple of days ago. If it were possible to gather together all of the viral material which has been responsible for the entire number of worldwide Covid-19 infections since the outbreak started, it would occupy a volume of approximately 8 millilitres... about one heaped teaspoonful.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Common sense says death is the worst case scenario where any disease is concerned. But, with Covid-19, I’ve been focused on what is now being referred to as Post-acute Covid-19 Syndrome. Things like “brain fog”, as a certain state of mental decline/confusion is being called, and which many Covid-19 survivors are experiencing. But, there are many components of this apparent syndrome, none pleasant. And certainly not things that one would ever wish to suffer, God forbid, for a lifetime. I’ve been aware of this from early on in the history of this pandemic, and it’s certainly worrisome. Apparently, hundreds of thousands of Americans, I read somewhere perhaps 10% of those who survive Covid-19, find themselves in this unlucky and deeply concerning state. This 60 Minute segment from 11/22/20 describes just how bad some survivors have it. Made worse by some doctors telling victims that it’s all in their heads.

Stay safe!

Rhode Island

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        There is some evidence that this post-acute Covid-19 syndrome is an autoimmune issue. Similar perhaps to lupus.

People who suffer this post-acute Covid-19 syndrome call themselves “long haulers”. I know people in this situation. It is very sad to see. Here is the organization formed by a “long hauler”, for “long haulers”.

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
      X