The authentic saffron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The authentic saffron

Does anyone have a great recipe for yellow rice with real saffron . Going to the piggly wiggly or 99 .9% of stores yields boxed yellow rice with just dye .
    My great friend just came back from of European blast . I asked her if she stopped in Turkey to pick me up specific spices .
    well she did .
    Anyone … I can google but a family recipes would be amazing and appreciated .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hoss; 07-11-2022, 08:55 PM.

I spelled it wrong and it’s right on the label

Comment

That's like the most expensive spice in the world by weight! It's used in a lot of Spanish recipes, but nothing really family oriented on my side for it. (I appreciate it, but don't cook with it.)

If you like rice pudding, my favorite use of it is a rice pudding desert from India with a pinch of those strands. Lots of hotels there have a tasting menu where do them side by side, and just a couple of strands changes completely the color and flavor.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        I knew you being international would chime in asap .

• outlaws15
        outlaws15 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rice pudding is my absolute favorite.

I fixed the spelling for you Tam No idea on recipes here .
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you boss

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Tam, I thought you were kidding. You had it right the first time, Google translate didn't help printer of the label.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess I have to change it back then.

I will look. I have books!
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Thanks CC . Wayne loves his yellow rice and another fish dish . I saw 2 stands at the market for wewww put it down .
        I told Wayne , you know this is not the spice right it’s just dye in his rice .
        Ok opened it it’s got a very interesting taste . Kind of like a lemon rind then a Smokey after taste kicks in .

Anyone notice Johnnys polished rocks on the table . Yep he eats dinner with us every night in spirit .

Comment

Yumm, yum..Black beans and yellow rice..
          Floridaboy.

Comment

I had dessert one time in England called “3-Milk Cake”, had saffron. Try this recipe, let us know:
            Saffron Milk Cake is the Middle Eastern version of the famous tres leches cake. It's delicious with the heady flavor of saffron.
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol now I have to go to Home Depot and take some roses for the dish .

Ok CC .. actually my favorite cake is called tres Leche . Don’t have my Spanish spelling down .
            That’s 3 milk .. same thing .
            Good job sista .
            I’ll make some yellow rice and a seafood dish .

Comment

Working...
            X