What to do with broken points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with broken points?

I'm just curious, I have about 250 intact points and probably 500 broken points....what does everyone do with their broken points? I have them all bagged up in ziplock bags. Has anyone thought of something creative to do with them? Do you display broken points? Or just keep them all bagged up?
    Thanks, Clay

Well....I drawers full, boxes full, my wife puts some in flower pots, Got rid of a bunch years ago, have a frame of heart breakers, and unless they are really nice I don't bring em home any more
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I've got a 55 gallon aquarium and instead of gravel it's all flakes and broken points in the bottom. It looks really cool.
      Chris

Comment

Clay my daughter makes mosaics  out of them but you better have a lot of different colors and a pair of tile nips . I have thousands and it is very time consuming. Good luck.

Comment

Spread them out by site and make sure you dont have both pieces before you do anything. I have surprised myself in the past. It makes for a cool winter project. I have made a couple of riker frames of just stem base examples that are diagnostic. The rest are in cigar boxes.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I've thought of making a small machine that would snap them off across the width (with a gun
            flint bevel), and quickly haft them with a ninety degree handle - sell them as 'Real Man Razors'.
            I've also thought of investing in an Aloe farm.
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Could consider resto's on your favs?

Comment

I went to the Smoky Mountain Relic Room today it is on the first floor of Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Sevierville TN. They have frames with broken points arranged in the shape of bald eagles. Very cool made with light and dark flints. It is a cool idea if your not planning on keeping them and once your sure you do not have the other half in the broke box.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I keep them all you never know when you would match up the 2 halfs. Right now I have them in seperate boxes from the different places. Thinking on buying some more frames just to put them in so I can just look at and check quickly without digging through the boxes. You never know when you or a friend will come up with the other half. We have quite a few people hunt the areas and have talked about getting together and seeing what the others have.

Comment

Just two nights ago, I dumped all of mine into a large clear vase that sits on our dining room table.  Looks kind of cool.
                    Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

Although, these aren't all broken. 

Comment

Matt, I can just see an Archaeologist try to sort that out in a thousand years! LOL
                        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I spoke with a guy not to long ago who bought broken points, not for much but the reason he will buy them is that he runs a Boy Scout troop. He and another guy go out and throw them all into the creek in a certain area then let the scouts come and find them. I find that to be very admirable, something like that could start a lifelong interest for those kids. I was going to just donate mine to him..
                          Archeologists like broken points more than intact ones too so donating to them is not a bad idea either. Ya never know, they may be able to look at yours brokens and conclude that a new point type is from your area.
                          I say donate them to people who can learn from them.

Comment

geeze Neanderthal! that is a nice pile!  I would love to trade something for a box of broken points, anyone out there have a bunch they want to get rid of???  PM me is so!

Comment

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!  What a pile, Matt!! :blink:  :woohoo:
                              I display broken points if they were finished pieces, just broken.  I display or keep them with the other site material to show the variances, continuum of use/wear.  If they are worksite broken pieces they go in "storage", somewhat like MATT'S!
                              :laugh:
                              Professor Shellman
                              Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                              X