I Kind of Did a Thing Today😄

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Kind of Did a Thing Today😄

So many new people on the site. Lost my beloved hunting buddy in October of last year, but picking up where he and I left off. Going to be hunting by January! Hope he’s half as sweet as my former Jack Russell. He’ll start his side by side driver training tomorrow. ❤️

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5736.jpg
Views:	629
Size:	888.2 KB
ID:	706299

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5729.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	678.0 KB
ID:	706300
    South Carolina

Ha…
    I hope li’l Sparky wakes you up at 4 a.m.
    and is ready to go… Go Gettum Jo~~~👍~~~
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! He’s howling now. Gonna be a long night. He’s in an inside pen, in my kitchen, Got his little carrier, blankets, potty pads, food and water ( just a little food and water) and lots of toys.

• Fla.Hillbilly
      Fla.Hillbilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Howler sounds like a good name

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Sparky’s spoiled already.
      ~~~~~~Lol~~~~~|

Hey Jo, That's a good move. He can't help but be sweet since he's with you.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Aww. Thank you Ron.

Fine looking huntin’ pardner.

Comment

Hes a good looking pup for sure.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ah Jo! I am so glad! ……must have Dog….. I cannot live without them. I think you should put that baby in bed with you. You find his name yet?
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Aww, sweet. How can you not a love a dog, particularly with those eyes?
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Warm puppy kisses will ease past losses and begin a new exciting friendship!
            Was your Jack Russell a squirrel dog? My dad swore his half breed Jack Russell (as a kid) was the best squirrel dog ever. He loved that dog. If you start slaying squirrels, don't forget to post photos!

fyi....these days I find that my Instant Pots makes an old tough Fox Squirrel tender and juicy. No more crock-pot squirrel for us😉

vfm

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              I played with an insta-pot while I was Texas. It’s not exactly a crockpot, but you can make it act like one. Talented lil appliance! It is better on meat than crockpot. My Bella brings me squirrels, or usta before she got old. She’d run them down!
              Last edited by Cecilia; 10-15-2023, 11:58 AM.

• Josie
              Josie commented
              Editing a comment
              I had a cat follow me home from hunting one afternoon. She had six kittens. Have 3 left. They come on the porch with frog legs hanging out of their month, mouse/mole tails hanging out and just yesterday morning a dead squirrel on the porch steps. They are killers! I don’t need anymore gifts from my pets, lol. So I’ll try to keep the JR from murdering anything. Sorry but yuck on the squirrel stew🤢

Aww, What a sweet looking pup Josie!
            South Carolina

Comment

That's just about the cutest damn puppy I've seen in a great long while. Mercy... I've got a feeling that that little dude will turn out to be a superb hunting buddy.
              Keep us posted!

Comment

Oh my….he’s sure cute!
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

First time I had squirrell my dad took me and my older brother hunting . I was maybe 4 or 5 my bro is a year older. Anyway Dad spots a squirrell he says " look up there!". We look as the bushy tail goes round the other side of the tree. My Dad looks at Bro and me and says run over to that side of the tree. We run over and scare the squirrell back to his side. We hear boom and the squirrell fell to the ground. Dad skins and guts it and we take it home and soak it in salt water then it went into a sautee, pan then into the pot of spaghetti sauce. Dad hands me a leg at dinner and says eat this it tastes just like chicken. I take a big ole bite and look at him because it didn't taste at all like chicken. It tasted more like spare ribs to me. I told him so. LOL He looks at me and says well son your mother must have cooked it wrong! LOL She didnt cuz every time I ate it it always tasted like squirrell to me. Maybe a hint of spare ribs. LOL
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
                    Hoss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry for hijacking the cute dog post. He does look like a great little pooch to me.Its just that the comments on squirrell just brought me back to some fond memories of 60 years ago.

• Josie
                    Josie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol. Just like spare ribs not chicken, huh? I’ll take your word for it😆

• Hoss
                    Hoss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    to stay in line with the topic I guess you could say my brother and I were hunting dogs that day many years ago. LOL

Hi Josie thanks for sharing your new hunting buddy he is adorable! I hope y’all have many great finds together. My furry point hunting partner still hasn’t found a point yet so be patient!
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
                    Josie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Sugaree! He is finding a lot in my house that I sure don’t know where these things are coming from. No kidding!
                Working...
                X