Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogy then and now!

Hmph
    The one on the left you went to work in to support a family. The one on the right you go to work in to support the truck. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	221
Size:	640.1 KB
ID:	707555
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

As someone who just went car shopping, I can attest to the truth in your statement! Expensive!
    South Carolina

Comment

I would take the 93 over the 23 any day

Comment

I had a 77 and an 86 back in the good ole days. Plowed loads of snow with those two Chevy's . Great work trucks. The Fords back then had the twin ibeam front ends they would not hold up to plow duty. Chevy and GMC had better suspension in the front end.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I've been a pickup driver since the seventies and have had many makes and models. For me, yes the old models were basic work horses, very basic. The new models are pimped out! Smooth, comfortable, accommodating but yes, extremely expensive,
          but what isn't?
          Back then a gallon of gas .27 cents, a hamburger, fries and a coke, hand them a buck and get change back! Gas and that same meal today? A home, then? Today, outrageous. Cost of living never goes down, it never stays affordable.
          Last edited by gregszybala; 10-28-2023, 04:21 PM.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too Greg.

Why did trucks get so big, check CAFE , the overall footprint reflects what fuel milage is allowed, a small truck like what I drive would have to get close to 50 mpg with today's CAFE standard
          Close your eyes and imagine it’s 1979. A first-term Democratic president struggles with unemployment, malaise, high energy prices, and embassy trouble. The landscape of today looks like the landscape of then, but there’s one important thing missing: The compact pickup. Where did they go? The small pickup was an indelible symbol of America’s lowered expectations in the Seventies and Eighties. Now that crappy times are here again, where are the paper-thin truck beds and…
          2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

CAFE explained

2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Working...
            X